1. eShine

eShine Guest

I am testing a APC/prewash . So far I have been diluting this product 50/50 and spraying it onto a vehicle using a tree sprayer. So far I am very happy, bugs, brake dust, stains...they all come out after just a 30 second soak and pressure washer. One thing I noticed it that after I sprayed it on my Cobra and I was rinsing around the trim I saw the water rinse off black. At first I was thinking "Wow, it is really cleaning the trim" but after it dried the trim was not as black, it was sorta dull and has a weird off color to it. I hit the trim with with several products and the trim just soaks it up and gets dull again. The rag is turning black as I apply the product. Anybody have a technical explination? What happened? Is the trim now damaged for good? I have never personally been faced with something like this.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

That's strange :shead: can't say that's ever happend to me :confused:...so no technical explenation from me.

Oh have you tried Black WOW? Just curious that's all.

3. richy

richy Guest

Technical explanation?? How about "damn..that's some pretty strong sh!t".:p: Seriously though..damn good thing you didn't try it out on a customer's car!!

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

You beat me to it.

Or CG trim gel works better IMO

Oh wait, Im supposed to not converse with you anymore Carlos!!!

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Almost sounds like whatever chemicals you used to wash the vehicle with dried out the trim.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

hahahahaa your funny FMINUS :lol2: man I'm just trying to keep up with you bro :hug: :hug:

7. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

Any APC should still work well for that application at 4:1 instead of 1:1. I think you just used it too strong and severely dried out the plastic. Try a solvent based trim restorer and cut that stuff a little more B4 you really mess something up. If it's doing that to the trim, you've probably got no more LSP either.

8. eShine

eShine Guest

I tried Black Wow, it just soaked it up. Also tried trim restore. I have read another thread where trim oxidizes and needs to be scrubbed with an APC until the rag stops turning black, then re-apply the protectant. I will try that when I get back from Vacation Wednesday.

9. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

I use GR-40 and a magic eraser to clean trim. I don't know if that will help your situation but you could try it. It gets wax off.

10. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

I admire your :meditation:! I would :eek: and panic after trying black wow with no results. GOOD LUCK! I am sure it will be OK :itsok:

11. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

12. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Chris if all else fails you might want to try Trim & Molding Dyes from TOL..i haven't used it myself but i know Anthony O has some experience with it..

Trim & Molding Dyes

Use on trim, moldings, grills, mirrors, wiper arms, luggage racks, door handles, bumpers, head & taillight covers, etc.
    Will not wash-off, crack, peel or turn yellow
    Sticks to textured plastic and rubber without sanding or priming
    Uses a water-based formula
    Approximately 1 ounce per vehicle
    Available in Black, White, Dark & Light Gray and Clear
    Companion surface cleaner removes all wax stains

13. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

14. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

What is this APC formulated with, do you have an MSDS?

15. eShine

eShine Guest

togwt I will get that info when we are back. Update, I am in Myrtle Beach and after 17 hours of driving the RV was just caked with bugs, black streaks etc. I used this degreaser I am testing and wow, I have never seen anything work like this. If the degreaser dried on the trim it did spot it, I think any wash would do this. However if I rescrubbed with the same degreaser and rinsed off wet, the spots were gone. This product comes in concentrated form and I am currently mixing 50/50 and I think I may even go lower 1 part degreaser to 10+ water!

When we are back from Vacation I will be getting some samples ready....

16. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I can't lie...I want one! :D

Who is this made by? Is this another eShine private label? :) PS: Did you ever do anything with the products that Carlos got...specifically the spray?

17. eShine

eShine Guest

This degreaser was brought to my attention from a friend who works on ships. It is also used by the Navy, it is the only degreaser that is enviromental friendly enough where they can wash ship decks and rinse right into the ocean. We may be private labeling it but not under Riccardo, we may create a whole different name. I am just waiting on bottles and I will send out some samples. As far as they spray glaze I did get the scent much better and made it thicker, I will send you guys a sample along with this degreaser.

18. eShine

eShine Guest

Forgot to mention, the trim on my Cobra is black again, I scribbed with this degreaser until the rag stopped turning black. I am no scientist but I believe it was removing 10 years of build up and oxidization. I am now using this degreaser for a pre-wash on every vehicle I do. Still I am looking forward to have others try it, unbiased opinions are the best.

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Hey Chris, Is this s Canuk only offer??:hippie:

20. eShine

eShine Guest

No. I will be sending some to you Yankees also. To be fair I will start a new thread where the first 6-12 people reply get a sample.