Toyota Yaris ”Swirl edition” vs Menzerna Powerfini

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by porta, Oct 31, 2009.

1. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

This Toyota was hammerd and I was helping a friend. We talked about how we should get this car look as good as possible with minumum effort, and I think we nailed it. I have only pictures of the panel I polished and the car will be finished on monday.

I used 2 different kinds of techniques. On the driver side, I just used a orange coolshine pad and PO203S. Spread at 900 rpm, correction at 1500-1700 rpm and finished with multipel passes at 900.

On the passenger side I did the following. Spread at 900, correction at 1500-1700, and when the polish started to break down, I switched to a finishing pad and did the finishing at 1200-900 with multipel passes.

After the polishing step I used IPA and 3M surface cleaner to remove all the lubrication and to avoid intentional filling. The result? Maybee 90% correction and a very glossy paint with minumum effort, I will let the pictures do the talking.

All the pictures are before lsp and are not enhanced.

Weapon of choice

[​IMG]

Driver side

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Passenger side

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. InfamousNic

InfamousNic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Amazing results! I certainly love this polish. Thanks for the post :)

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'm glad more people are trying the PF. Its an excellent product. That Yaris is going to look excellent. Post pics when you're done.

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Looks great !! Powerfinish is a great polish

5. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

nice!
    I really want to try out the festool polisher!!!

6. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

awesome ... nice tool lol

7. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Thanks, Nic!

I second on that. It cuts rather nice with a wool pad, but yet it finishes off very nice with a soft foam pad.

Thanks! It´s certainly is :)

Thanks. I would also love to test the new Festool polisher. This is a AEG PE150 ;)
    YouTube - aeg polisher - makes ladies go nude!

Thanks!

8. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

damn. i want that color. whats the paint code for swirl grey pearl?

9. richy

richy Guest

Porta..that is a genius move changing pads in the middle of polishing! Especially with a product like that...why didn't I ever think of that? The results look great! Are you still using UCCL? I think you may be the guy that I had seen use it on Autopia like 2 years ago or something..or am I wrong about that?

10. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Nice job.

Did you change pads while still working a single application of the Power Finish, or apply separately for the two different pads?

I've got that finishing pad, I think I got it from Ben at Rubbish Boy's. I still need to try it.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

One of my favorite polishes, very nice work!

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Great results :thumb:

13. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Great work Markus !!
    Have you tried the Farécla Total Dry Use Compound? I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

14. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

gotta be good feeling when you take pic and wonder what color the car is couse it reflects everything

15. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Haha!

It work´s great, give it a try! I even do this sometimes with Menzerna POS100 when I have some extra time. It will give a glossier paint, thats for sure. I have never used Presta, so I guess you have the wrong guy.

I changed the pad after a maybee 1,5 minutes, from a light cutting pad to a finishing pad. So this is a single application of PO203S.

Thanks, Mate. Yes it´s awesome.

Thanks, Nica!

Thanks, Mario! No, I have not yet tried the total dry use compound, and I am not sure I will buy it since I have plenty of compounds such as Mark- V 350, Scholl S3+, 3M fast cut+, Menzerna POS100 and waiting for Megs #105. But maybee you could get me a 250 ml sample and I send you some stuffs?

16. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

You have to try it, it's amazing. I have several compounds also: POS100, Mark-V 350, Scholl S3+, Meguiars 95, Meguiars 105, Farécla G6 Rapid, Farécla G3, Farécla Total Dry Use Compound, 3M FCP, 3M FC, Presta Ultra Cutting Creme, 1z Pasta Intensive, Mothers Heavy Duty Rubbing Compound and some others wich I don't remember their names...
    Tell me your adress and I'll send you a sample.
    Cheers my friend !! :thumb:

17. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Very nice results!!!! While it's nice to see and post the more expensive cars, it's really nice to see posts that are actually what the show and shine are about - good solid results!!!

Nice job and good, informative narrative!!!

Andy

18. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Thanks, Andy! You took the words out of my mouth. I can honestly say that I am pretty bored of all those super cars who get waxed and all are so impressed, after all - how hard is it to apply 35 layers of Zaino on car?

One of my favourite details was by Gsrstilez, and the car? A Saab 9000 CSE :yikes:
    Thrashed cars who are brough back to life, thats what I like about detailing. Not that I dislike super cars, but I hope you guys know what I mean.