Toyota Tundra by Hamza7

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by hamza7, Jun 14, 2012.

1. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Hey guys,

This detail was done a couple of weeks back, it's a black Toyota Tundra that had pretty bad paint but since the paint was fun to work (meaning it had no hitches) the detail went smoothly.

[​IMG]

It was washed and clayed. Let's just go directly to the paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some 50:50's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me working on it

[​IMG]

How it came out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know this was half assed write up but it's hard working fast and efficient and finding time to take picture. Unless you put a tape line down then you realize you have to take a picture. You start on a panel and say how murdered it looks and after you polish it out you "damn..I forgot to take a picture"

2. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Nice work.

I have a client with one as these as well and the paint is fairly soft.

3. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Looks great bud ....... but the pic with the foam pad on the ground made me cringe!!!

4. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Very nice work!

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Its not on the ground its sitting on his extension cord rack. Hamza to skilled for that. Although the pic is a bit misleading.
    I will add a bit to this story. The truck is owned by one of my GTR clients. I did the GTR the day before and started on the very bad BMW. I asked Hamza if he would help me with the truck so I could manage to get a weekend for myself. It was a very long day. I picked him up at 6am and he drove the 2.5 hours to the clients work. He got home at 1030pm. I got home at 1130. The was my second long day and thanks to Hamza, I got a weekend off. Other than helping him with the combos, the true grunt work was all him.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6. hamza7

Bryan is right, look at the reflection in this shot. It will explain how my Porter Cable "kick stand" works. It helps me rest the machine on something while working and since I take the roll of cord with me it's always near by.

1f6bb6da.jpg

BTW thanks to everyone. I had fun working on this thing, man does it have a lot of realestate and also thanks to Bryan for giving me a oppertunity to help out.

7. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

Is this inside a C-tire? :)

Great work!

8. bryansbestwax

Ya. My client is the manager of the store. Gives us full rein over the chink of real estate. Very nice to work there, some of the sales staff and other managers always pop in to look at the action.

9. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

My apologizes Hazma ... like I said before looks great!! How many hrs did you spend on this beast?

10. bryansbestwax

11.5 hours

11. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

dame good job guy!

12. hamza7

Thanks Zook, it's funny how we saw a silver Porsche and we started talking about how good of a condition Zookie keeps his car in...and then it was actually your car. BTW it was your rims not your license plate that gave it away.

13. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

lol that was funny, you text me and im like wtf and i look around and its you and bryan hahahah that was jokes.

Thanks i do keep my car clean :p

14. blackTL

blackTL Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice job, looks great buddy.

15. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Nice job, care to share what products you used?

16. bryansbestwax

105 and surbuf. 205 and yellow b and s pads.

17. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Thanks for the reply. Does the 105 and surbuf leave a lot of micro marring?

18. bryansbestwax

Yes. It hazes pretty bad. The hazing isn't deep and is very uniform so it is easy to correct.

19. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I guess this is where 205 and a yellow B&S pad comes to play. Would following up with 85rd do anything on black paint?