Topping ceramic coats? Ammo regimen?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by bigaudiofanatic, Feb 6, 2017.

1. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've been looking closely at AMMO products and I'm intrigued. However his regimen is a ceramic coating, sealant, then carnuba wax before a show or drive. But my previous research into other products such as 22ple, cquartz, and now nanolex Si, has me believing that anything put over top of these coatings will simply (fall off) after a wash. Or you would have to use netsheild as a topper. Can you confirm this or is it possible? My plan of attack in the spring is to do the fallowing.

Clay
    Polsih
    Coating (probably Si)
    Adams OR wolfgang sealant
    Adams americana

If this can't be done than why is it possible with Ammo products? Thank you for your time.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

the ammo line up is great.

all you need to do after Nanolex SIShield is wash it and use the wash coat for it, a nice touch up product like Kenotek Showroom Shine.

3. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

But what I'm trying to dig at is why would one out of the many ceramic coatings say layer products and all the others say no, you leave it alone? I'm a guy that believes in more coatings is good, so long as you don't get a cloudy reflection.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

you can layer the si shield in the initial process. after that your right most coatings will not need more layers. I can't really answer for ammo as I have not used their product in that extent.

5. killerheroin

killerheroin New Member

AMMO reflex is not a ceramic coating

I started using his products this year and they are great products.

The Ammo regime is pretty simple, after you apply reflex.

I wash every week and use AMMO hydrate when drying and once a month I add a layer of skin.