Took the plunge & got a new Karcher PW

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by jsraaf, Apr 17, 2011.

1. jsraaf

jsraaf Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I decided to take the plunge and invest in a pressure washer. Considering my budget (under $250) I decided to get a Karcher K5.690 (from Amazom, $219). [​IMG] This was after buying and returning an AR 383, when I discovered that 1) the gun was broken and 2) I'd have a tough time finding a foam cannon that I could find the right adapter to use to get it connected. Also ending up buying a MTM Hydro foam cannon & quick connect adapters from PW Mall.

After my first use today, I have to say I was pretty pleased. It was pretty quiet, and the foam cannon worked very well, even though I was using CG CWG and not a heavy foaming soap. The only thing I wasn't fond of was the Karcher variable wand attachment (allows you to turn a dial near the nozzle to increase/decrease pressure). Had to keep it near max pressure to get much water flow, and it tended to put out too much mist, for lack of a better description, which make it take too long to actually rinse the foam off.

I'd been considering this anyway, so based on the performance of the regular wand I decided to get a different wand to use instead from PW Mall

134397.jpg

It's a variable nozzle also, but with an M22 inlet so I can make it a quick connect also. It's on order & I'll give it a try once it arrives.

Looking forward to playing with the new toy more as the weather gets nicer & can get out and wash the vehicles regularly.

John
    (formerly G:Luv)

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Congrats, I got the same one! its a nice unit......... enough power, plus I like the hose reel.

3. jsraaf

That's definitely a nice feature. I wish they had a better option for the power cord storage (none right now), unless I drop it into the net-covered holder on the back.

4. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

Any updates on how this is working? Looks nice!

5. jsraaf

Been working great! Used it quite a few times over the summer & fall, and just winterized it with the Karcher Pump Guard last weekend. I'm bringing it down to my basement during the cold winter months so hopefully that'll help with any issues - but we'll see next spring!

6. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

So you were able to get it done after all man? Did you try it the way I told you man?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

7. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

Thanks!

8. jsraaf

Yeah I did, thanks. I removed the hose quick-connect fitting, and it took the Pump Guard up right away. I also tipped the unit back a bit to let gravity feed it also. But having disconnected the hi-pressure hose from the back of the unit, like the directions said, makes for a nice little geyser of Pump Guard shooting straight up into the air. :yikes: