Took a year off from detailing, have a few questions

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by dantesguy, May 28, 2013.

1. dantesguy

dantesguy Virgin Detailer

Hello all. So I haven't done any detailing since around the beginning of last summer. I have some questions about my products and tools that I hope you guys could help me answer.

Firstly, I have an almost entirely full bottle of megs d151. I was wondering what the shelf life of it is. I have it for a little over a year now, is it still going to be fine to use? Also, the pads I have for my buffer, pc7424 are also over a year old and most of them have a little caked on polish. Should I go ahead and invest in some new pads and throw these old ones out? Or just buy some of that pad rejuvenator product?

What would be your alls recommendation on a solid bug & tar remover? I was thinking of ordering some stoners tarminator from autogeek but would like some opinions on some other brands before I decide to go ahead with this purchase.

And where would be the best place to buy some good, large, microfiber drying towels? I think the majority of my towels need to be retired due to my family not really handling them properly when I allowed them to use them.

And last but not least wheel cleaners. I'm thinking of going ahead and purchasing a bottle of p21s but would just like some second opinions on some other good products out there that I should maybe try out.

Thanks guys!

2. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Firstly, I have an almost entirely full bottle of megs d151. I was wondering what the shelf life of it is. I have it for a little over a year now, is it still going to be fine to use? Should be fine, shake it up and take a look. If it looks milky and separated then contact Megs customer service for an exchange.

Also, the pads I have for my buffer, pc7424 are also over a year old and most of them have a little caked on polish. Should I go ahead and invest in some new pads and throw these old ones out? Try letting them soak in some Dawn Powerclean with hot water for 20-30 mins then rinse and let dry face down. See if they look and feel any better.

Or just buy some of that pad rejuvenator product? Never used it

What would be your alls recommendation on a solid bug & tar remover? I was thinking of ordering some stoners tarminator from autogeek but would like some opinions on some other brands before I decide to go ahead with this purchase.
    Stoners Tarminator is a good choice check out DD's selection http://www.detailersdomain.com/All-Purpose-Degreaser-Bug-and-Tar-Remover_c_55.html. Autogeek is like a curse word on DB, you've been away for a awhile so you don't have to put a quarter in the cookie jar.

And where would be the best place to buy some good, large, microfiber drying towels? I think the majority of my towels need to be retired due to my family not really handling them properly when I allowed them to use them.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Drying-Microfiber_c_155.html

And last but not least wheel cleaners. I'm thinking of going ahead and purchasing a bottle of p21s but would just like some second opinions on some other good products out there that I should maybe try out.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/TireWheel-Cleaners_c_51.html

Plenty of DBM's like Sonax FE, I feel it does a great job, but there are products that are less then half price that do an equal or better job.

3. dantesguy

dantesguy Virgin Detailer

Thank you for your response! I have a question though, why is Autogeek frowned upon around here now?

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter