To fall head over heel's in love...again.

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by HOOVER, Aug 29, 2016.

1. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

I find it funny that the first Audi I detailed months ago, the post was called "For the love of detailing". The new clients wish for this detail was that she would fall in love with her Audi all over again!! Well, I believed that during the quote/review that this A4 had a lot of potential, a lot of work, but it could be done! Arrival with light going fast...
    [​IMG]

2009 with just under 100,000 miles. It spent it's first 3 years as a lease vehicle and was driven hard. A lot of paint work had been done prior to clients buying it, in fact only the roof had not been repainted. Onward...
    Not going to spend too much time on prep shots....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sonax wheel cleaner doing an awesome job as always!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, Iron-X'ed whole car...just getting started...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish I would have had my neighbor take photo's when I was rinsing down top of vehicle...driveway was total purple! Amazing how much contaminates this stuff removes...
    [​IMG]

3 hours later....prep work is done....this is a full detail.

[​IMG]

Inside was actually very well kept!! Fuzzy moments with phone...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, let's get on with the good stuff!! Paint defects....like tree sap...bad body work, sections that make us ask what the....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After removal...it messed up the clear coat..

[​IMG]

These were on roof right next to sun roof...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deep gouge in rear bumper. Rather than refinishing bumper, we discussed touch up, and while not a strong suit of mine, it turned out sweet!! Later in reveal results...
    [​IMG]

More rear bumper paint by numbers to play with!!
    [​IMG]

Getting better!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drivers side front fender..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On hood edges...one of the many what the..???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you question just how big your vision of potential is?? Believe in your talents...you WILL do great things!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geeshhhh...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay...my eyeballs hurt now....onto something a little more soothing!! Even though the interior was pretty clean, I still took some time to just make sure everything was right....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Audi simply has some seriously nice interiors...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lets do this!! So, as knowing Audi has hard paint, and with the level of defects I wasted no time getting down to business. I made a mix of 20% Meg's 205 and 80% Water. I also used my Makita rotary paired with a white foam cutting pad, which made for rapid defect removal. I pushed it as far as I felt comfortable, yet STILL had area's with scratches...trying 50/50 shot...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Making great progress!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting that dark, deep black glow back after all these years!!
    [​IMG]

And the striking red much clearer..
    [​IMG]

Great 50/50...still first step...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now you see it...
    [​IMG]

GONE!
    [​IMG]

It was right....here...
    [​IMG]

Plan being beautifully executed!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Renewing rear lift gate..nice!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry guy's...I am missing photo's from passenger side...oh well...somewhere in here, I was done with initial cut and switched over to my Rupes with Meg's Correction Compound/M/F cutting pad to refine quite a few area's. Then went over entire vehicle with Meg's Finishing wax with a finishing foam pad. THEN applied...
    [​IMG]

Yupper....forgot to pick up some new foam pads and applied with Rupes...
    [​IMG]

An hour later...removed it and called it a night. Early Sunday morning...I like these shots..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then applied two coats of Blackfire Caranuba...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We can only do so much...bad body work on hood...sanded and painted over....clients would never accept this if they had work done...
    [​IMG]

Lets roll!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Audi rockin that Wet-Ice over Fire finish!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unreal reflections and clarity!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a long road, with a huge vision of a client falling all over again..my favorite shot....
    [​IMG]

So there you have it fellow detailers! I struggled in a lot of areas and it was good to do this post. Go back and remember what you started with and where you ended up. Don't be too hard on yourself, for you have greatness in you!! TRUST the huge challenges and let them refine your skills!

Upon arrival, after bringing it out from garage, I asked client if she was ready to fall head over heels in love with her Audi again. She said yes, so I asked her to turn around. "MY BABY!!! Oh my gosh!! MY BABY!! It looks SO good!!" Hoover, can we just like leave it in your garage and not drive it?? We don't want it to get dirty!! Hahahahha....oh great stuff on reveal evenings!!

Detail on people, detail on!! :):):)

Hoover

2. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Hoov! OMG! What a save! Fantastic work and turn around! WOW!!! Excellent write up, pics, and again, work. Thumbs up! X2!!

3. denobd

denobd Virgin Detailer

4. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

Thanks Sizzle!! Your last few have been outstanding as well!! I have three more hammered jobs lined up, so stay tuned!!

Hoover

5. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

^^^Why thank you kind sir! Appreciate that! Good deal...looking forward to seeing your write ups!!!