Tire Dressing that Clothing Can Accidentally Rub Against

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by SoCal Garage, Jun 19, 2012.

1. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

Title says it all. My wife has had it with me using Stoners More Shine as depending on which vehicle say takes the space between them can sometimes be tight and her skirts occasionally brush a tire. If you have ever tried getting the marks or stains out of clothing that More Shine can leave (as it collects road dirt) then you know where I'm coming from as does our dry cleaner.

Not worried about the sheen (it can blind me for all I care or look like no dressing at all)—concerned about the release of trapped dirt and the actual tire dressing. Thanks.

2. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

tuff shine tire clearcoat.

I bought it after the same thing happened to my wife

http://tufshine.com/products/

1 coat is hardly noticable, 2 shines a bit, 3 gets more glossy, etc.....

just make sure your tires are super clean and black before you use it as it will trap whatever look they have.

3. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

I like using water based dressings. 303 is my pick. Then again, i'm not a big fan of tire shine to begin with.

I dislike the aerosol stuff, too much over spray. So much of it ends on the paint I find or the rims.

4. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Carpro Perl will dry completely and last a long time. Just won't stay glossy for too long.

5. Tony Field

Tony Field Virgin Detailer

what your wants to do is put the dressing on leave for ten minutes and wipe all the excess off with a paper towel or something simular, that should avoid this and also still look shiny

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

switch to water based dressing. Swissvax pneu, adams super vrt, car pro perl, and gloss it signature tire gloss are among the best water based tire dressings out there. Leave Stoners more shine for wheel wells. Apply tire dressing to clean tires (scrub the old drssing with a good brush and good tire cleaner) and wipe off any excess dressing after 10 minutes. You will have beautiful shine, dry to the touch, non-greasy, which will minimize the effect of attrecting any dirt/grime. Good luck!

7. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Tuff shine

8. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I've had good luck with the 3D stuff and PolyPro by Majestic.

9. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

Okay...man do I feel like a fool...I did just this and voila, a beautiful "clean sheen" and nothing rubs off. What motivated me to try your suggestion? As always, I've simply taken what's on the can at face value "No Wiping", and the fact that I have eleven cans left since I purchase by the case. Having recently retired some trusty T-shirts, I simply cleaned the tires, sprayed on More Shine Less Time and then wiped them clean after a bit. All these years of spraying and walking away, plus dealing with clothes marked with the gunk left from not wiping the tires. I believe I laughed out loud for about ten minutes! A huge thanks for providing a common sense answer. :thumb:

10. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

with age comes such great wisdom.