Time to raise 60k+ moolah

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by kyoshiro, Apr 11, 2011.

1. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

So i just found a Caterham Super 7 builder locally and we're looking at 46k starting prices, they were also nice enough to call me up and talk to me about it tho i sadly told him I'm waiting on full time employment. However I think have a goal for the next couple of years :D

2. toyotaholic

toyotaholic Virgin Detailer

I love Caterham 7, hot a hot wheels version for motivation lol

3. kyoshiro

[​IMG]

time to head to toysrus :D

4. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

what about factory five?

5. kyoshiro

but i lurve the Britishness of the Caterham :D

6. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

So hawt, can you order it crated and do the project yourself?

7. kyoshiro

they do come in kits
    dont know how much it costs to ship it over from the UK though, the new budget kit is like 20k pounds.
    the local guys build them locally and get them registered and road legal for you. I dont know about how kit cars would work here honestly speaking.
    http://www.super7cars.com/

8. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Thats so cool! How are the kit cars registered?

9. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Here, kit cars are limited to secondary roads and less only. no highways. They must also be built with a LHD driving position.

10. kyoshiro

i see, but these Caterham built by these guys are road legal so i guess the by laws are that they're not kit cars because they're built before it reaches the hand of consumers

11. toyotaholic

toyotaholic Virgin Detailer

12. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

That's one sick car man..
    I love in Quebec they allow any sort of car except R34 of course..the only place in Canada allowed to have a Aerial Atom, I'd move to Montreal just for that car

13. JoeyV

^ I'm from Montreal, Quebec and we cannot have any car. Actually, in Quebec, we are limited more than the rest of Canada on the cars we can have here. I don't even think these caterham cars would be legal as they need to go through all DOT certifications, as well as full SAAQ inspections. Legally, any car that has an engine swap with an engine other than the one intended to be in it is a kit car. I drive a RHD car and have a few friends that have them as well, one in particular has a 2JZ powered s13 which is an illegal kit car. If you want special cars, move OUT of Quebec.....

On topic, Aldric, you can always buy one and NOT get it palted and simply have an illegal track toy! :)

14. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

Now that's how you do a track day

15. hamza7

Canada - Not including QC

[​IMG]
    434.822.9130 x303
    Attention Canadian Buyers: **Transport Canada deems Ariel Atom vehicles ineligible for importation into Canada for the purpose of use on any public roads, at any time. **TMI AutoTech, Inc. will only sell & export Ariel Atoms to Canadian buyers whereby the sole intended use of the vehicle, throughout its lifetime within Canada, is for off-road/competition or show/display purposes only (i.e., closed course race track/lapping days; autocross; slalom; racing; static display exhibitions; off-road demonstrations, etc.). **Accordingly, no Ariel Atom vehicle purchased for export to and/or use within Canada may be ordered or supplied with any specific Atom equipment, options or accessories that could be considered as being applicable to the use of the vehicle on any use on public roads (i.e., lighting (other than competition, rear-facing lighting only); full windshield; horn; etc.). Any such Atom equipment, options or accessories will also be unavailable for subsequent purchase or shipment into Canada.

16. hamza7

Also my friends uncle has one registered in QC but drives it in Ontario but he stopped cause police in Ontario were giving him a hard time.

17. JoeyV

I guess the Atom is one of the extremely rare exceptions. Kit cars are still not legal on all roads and importing cars is harder here than the rest of canada.

18. hamza7

I'm sorry if I going to a bit off topic, but i hate our stupid laws, why can I build my own bike without certification and have it legalized but not have cars that are road worthy in other countries not legal in Canada...like the Canadian made ZENN, which is legal in the states but illegal here..I mean motorcycles are way more dangerous then Caterams

19. kyoshiro

my neighbor is building a chopper lol