time for change

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by joep, Jun 28, 2008.

1. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

i think its time for another car as the buick has seen better days..heres my question any help would be appreciated..

Today i looked at a few 2008 cadilac CTS's and to be honest its a nice car and the 0 % interest rate for 36 months is nice, but i found the car to have a stiff ride,rock hard seats and the 17" wheels on the specific car i drove looked kinda of cheap..

i went to a 2nd dealer to view there inventory and while there i found a 2007 white diamond with casmere leather loaded with every option but a built navigational system on the show room floor with 49 miles and never titled so the car although a 2007 is still considered new with the same warranty as the 2008 ..heres my dilema do i go with a 2007 with a sweet price reduction of $14,000 but pay 5.9 % on the interest rate over 60 months :shead: or go with the a 08 CTS i'm not excited over..

another option i thought of considering was a lexus ES 350 ..so what do guys think?

2. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Get the 08, upgraded wheel option, and the there is a touring suspension from what my Corporate dealer rep told me last. It gives you a more compliant ride, and the seats will soften up :)

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I love my Es350, really smooth, quite, comfortable ride.

4. Bridges

Bridges Virgin Detailer

I got a fully loaded black 08 Cts about a month ago. It took myself and my uncle over a month to find one fully loaded.

I traded in an 05 Acura Tl and let me tell you, I'm so glad I did! This car is awesome! And smart too!!

I bought the car an hour away in Norwood Ma. On the way home the car said. attention please, there is a traffic jam 500 feet ahead, Accident left lane.

The car has no key which is very nice. No digging in my pocket for the key. I get in and go. I walk away from the car it locks it's self.

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Id get the 08 CTS

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Man Joe your going to be pimping with what ever you choose to get buddy, nice :worship2:

Look forward to see what you decide on buddy :cheerl:

7. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

caddy, I loove them! :D

8. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Nice choices. Be sure to post up pics after you spruce it up with a good polish/detail!

9. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

Money is always important for. But I have to consider my feelings. I remember purchasing my Black truck because of the color and passed up a better version a year newer. Except for the color (which I really loved) I kicked my self each and everyday that I owned the vehicle because I did not get leather and other upgrades.

In other words...after I decided on the money portion I would get the vehicle that I like rather than the one that I am "settling" for. If there is a 14,000 dollars difference in price from one to the other it would seem to be moot since simple math tells me it would save you 2400 in interest over 6 years at 5.9 percent. I would also ask my banker if I could get 5.1%. That is what I did yesterday for my new HHR.(picks will follow as soon as I get enoiugh energy) This time I purchased what I wanted and the one I was excited about.

Just one man's opinion. Good Luck!!

10. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

My uncle's got an ES350 and absolutely adores it.

If you're not excited about a car why purchase it?

11. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I would look at ES 350 one more time,could you see yourself driving it for 2-3 years and be happy with your purchase?if so that is the car,of course it's just my opinion.

12. joep

your not gonna beleive this ..i opened two windows to answer each and everyones qoutes here and closed the window by accident..:mad:..if the $$ comes down to splitting hairs i want to be happy with my purchase no buyers remorse no regrets..i also know someone who purchased a car when they wanted a SUV and everyday thet regret the desicion.

Thanks for your input cwcad :thumb:
    i plan on doing this tomorrow before going back to the cadilac dealership..Thanks

If you're not excited about a car why purchase it?[/QUOTE]if the upgraded suspension makes a difference then i would reconsider it..

13. joep

heres a pic of the STS i looked at on the showroom floor yesterday..

[​IMG]

14. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Get what makes you happy. haha I looked that at the 08s for my dad, and they are really nice, but the quility feels like it fades as you move to the back of the car. I like the new look, but the handling isn't has nice feeling as the A6 my dad was looking at.

Choices choices, but by the sounds of it, you sound like you like the 07 more, so I'd say get the 07. I don't really think you could go wrong either way.

15. joep

i'm was leaning towards the 07 STS becuase of the options and the price incentive offered to take the car a few salesman siad the stiff ride on the CTS is cadilacs sports edition to compete with some of the imported cars and not some much geared for a luxury ride..

16. joep

[/COLOR]
    keeping up with AL-53 ain't Carlos ;)

17. Bridges

Bridges Virgin Detailer

Here is a copy pic's when I first bought the car. The Pic's are not that great but you can see from the trunk shot what the dealer also provided for me from their car wash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since then I was able to remove the swirls with menz and threw on wg sealant. I have pic's in my camera but I can't find it to provide pic's for you. Once I do I will post them here.

I have been able to keep the swirls away. I have fine scratches here and there from maybe my mf towels and my last wash I didn't use the two bucket method for the entire wash and also I didn't use the foam gun, so I may have introduce a couple swirls there. I have been washing once a week, so over all the car still looks good to me. With the proper tech-neat and sealant your good.

We had some rain last week which left some nice rain spots. I was able to remove them by hand polishing last night. I'm now on search for a better sealant then wg.

18. Bridges

Bridges Virgin Detailer

Yes I do find the ride of the cts very similar to the ride of Mercedes. That was Cadillac's idea with the cts, to compete with the foreign market.

Keep in mind to. As you go up the car gets bigger. So the sts is bigger then the cts.

19. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

07 white diamond

20. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I have absolutely no input to give other than me wishing you luck picking the car that:

-makes you feel good any time you look at it, be it dirty or clean

-you miss if you haven't driven it in a couple of days

-takes you to that ZEN place no matter what's going on outside of the car

-instills confidence in YOU in any weather conditions be they adverse or perfect

-makes you happy to shell out that payment every month

:thumb: