Thoughts/reviews of Dr. Colorchip?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Prancing Horse, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Has anyone got any thoughts and/or reviews of this product? I appreciate the feedback! :thumb:

2. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Hi,
    I've had it for all my cars. Dont expect the level of perfection that you see on the TV commercial. That is a total farce.

The color matches well. You can "layer" the paint and it will eventually fill in the chip. It will NEVER be perfect. You see the remains of the chips at certain angles. In direct sun light looking over the hood, it does a good job of masking the chip. All in all its a good touch-up paint. The paint polishes well and is reasonably permanent once it dries.

Dont expect the magic they show you on the commercial though.

Joe D

3. KlineS157

KlineS157 Birth of a Detailer

I know a couple of my fellow Porsche Owners have used it with great results. I intend on trying it in the next couple weeks on my summer car

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Just had a look at their Web site and looks like it works like magic. However, even by what Joe D says it sounds like a very good "touch up paint" alternative.

5. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

It's the best option next to a full repaint. Better than those touch up pens dealers sell. By absolutely no means is it perfect, but it's pretty solid if you do it right and exercise patience.

6. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the replies! I have a customer who is very interested in having me try it, so your feedback is helpful. My main concern was how well it polishes, but now I feel fairly confident in giving it a go. Thanks again!