Those darn rear windows

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by mrgolfrider, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I have the worst time cleaning the inside of the rear window of most cars. I know that the window wand is available from many different vendors and also available for purchase from places like Target and Autozone...

Well with being unemployeed I am constantly trying to come up with ways to save money...while cleaning the bathroom, I had the idea of using our tub wand from Clorox I think to use as the media to help clean the window. There are five points of velcro on the wand head, and my WW towel stuck easily to it. Now I don't need to purchase the OTC automotive wand or the bonnests..and now I can think of other things to spend that 15 dollars on...hope this might help some of you..and also you can talk the wife into buying it if you don't have one and just tell her you will clean the tub for her...

2. E-Money

E-Money Birth of a Detailer

here is something to consider as well. on cars like mine you are not suppose to put a lot of pressure on the rear windows because there is the defroster and antenna integrated on the inside of the rear window. i do not even put any cleaner on a WW towel for the inside of the rear window. it usually just gets a very light dusting.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Microfiber on a ruler should do the trick as well.

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I am definitely trying the ruler idea