This is winter protection on my Audi A3

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by butler2.8i, Dec 9, 2011.

1. butler2.8i

butler2.8i Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Products and equipment used

Uber microfiber towels
    Uber drying towel
    Valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner
    Valet pro tyre gel
    Valet pro orange pre wash
    Valet pro PH neutral snowfoam
    Valet pro citrus bling
    Valet pro Talos Protectant
    Meguiars hyper wash
    Autosmart Tardis
    Bilt hamber soft clay bar
    Various wheel brushes
    Karcher pressure washer
    Noodle wash mitt
    Lambs wool wash mitt
    Poorboys microfibre cloths
    Snow foam gun
    Werkstat Prime Acrylic
    Chemical Guys Jetseal 109
    Chemical Guys Blacklight
    Chemical Guys Ez Crème
    Chemical Guys Pete`s 53
    Chemical Guys V7
    Autosmart Tardis
    Ironx
    Rainx
    Autosol metal polish
    00 grade wirewool

The car before I start

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cleaned the wheels using the bilberry wheel cleaner and various wheel brushes and a noodle wash mitt, the bilberry got the worst of the muck off just leaving some iron build up to be removed by the Ironx. It looks like all 4 wheels have had the front faces repainted at some point but the rear faces are in poor condition, once I have more time the wheels will be removed and the inner faces properly cleaned and sealed. Arches where cleaned using Megs APC, various brushes and a noodle wash mitt

Tardis at work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ironx at work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started by giving the lower parts of the car a coat of the warm valet pro orange pre wash, which was left to dwell before being pressure washed off. The car was then given its first coat of snow foam made up of the valet pro PH neutral snowfoam and a shot of Meg’s hyper wash The snowfoam was then blasted off with the pressure washer, and then the car was given another coat of the same mix snowfoam and whilst this was still on the car I washed it using Meg’s hyper wash and the 2 bucket method and a lambswool wash mitt. The car was then rinsed with a open ended hose and then given a coat of autosmart tardis which was left to dwell before being wiped down with a microfbre cloth. The car was then given a coat of ironx to remove any fallout contaminates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car was clayed using citrus bling and water mix( 10 to 1) and a Bilt hamber soft clay bar which pulled more contaminates from the paint work.

[​IMG]

It was then rewashed using the same method and dried using a Uber microfiber drying towel.

I decided to use Werkstat Prime Acrylic as a prewax cleanser, the car was given a single coat and buffed using Poorboys microfibre clothes. The car was given then given 2 coats of Ez creme glaze leaving about 30 min between each coat these where applied using a german applicator pad and left to cure before buffing using poorboys microfibre clothes. The car was then given 2 coats of the Blacklight which were also given 30mins between coats and buffed using Uber buffing towels.
    The wax of choice was 2 coat of Pete`s 53 which was followed final wipe down with 2 coats of V7

Whilst waiting between coats all the exterior plastics and under arches were given a coat of Talos protectant and chrome badges polished using Werkstat Prime Acrylic. All the glass was cleaned using Rainx and alloys sealed using 2 coats of Jetseal 109, tyres dressed with valet pro tyre dressing.

Exhausts where cleaned up using Autosol metal polish and 00 grade wire wool, and sealed with 2 coats of Jetseal 109.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leaving me with this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]