This brush on leather?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Cowabunga, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Cowabunga

Cowabunga Virgin Detailer

2. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Should be okay, just don't apply pressure to the seats with it. Let the rotation and product do the work.

Cowabunga likes this.
  3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I personally do not ever use anything that harsh on leather.
    Would rather use a PH balanced liquid cleaner to do the work and a microfiber towel or pad or worst case scenario, the awesome cleaning sponge that TuffShine sells..
    Dan F

4. Cowabunga

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm basing the idea on one of the AmmoNYC videos, at about the 7 minute mark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bd_IqK5ydU

Looks like a great way to clean, though I can understand Stokdogs thought of not wanting to use any power tools on leather.

I believe that brush I posted may be a bit too stiff.

5. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

I purchased the brush off Detailers Domain and it works just like in the video.

Cowabunga likes this.
  6. bryantsmobiledetail

bryantsmobiledetail New Member

Leather is alot tougher than you think i have several hard to soft bristle drill brushes that i use on dirty ground in dirt and body oils from the leather they always come out clean without damage to the leather

Cowabunga likes this.
  7. Cowabunga

The same one I posted from Chemical Guys? Or do you mean the one used in that video?

8. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

It looks like the one in the video. It cleans out all the dirt and oils and leave really nice clean leather. I follow up with Leather Masters Conditioner and it leave a nice Matte finish. My wifes MDX is beige leather and besides the kids mess, her jeans transfer and if I don't stay on top of it I am afraid it might become permanent.

9. Cowabunga

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I got the one from Detailers Domain and was amazed at how well it worked. Highly recommended.

11. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I did not watch the video you posted, but I have seen several others from AMMONYC on youtube, and he often mentions Phil at Detailers Domain, and in one he showed the Porter Cable soft gray brush he used on his DA, and said he ordered that one from Phil.

That is the one I see used most often, The yellow one would likely work on MOST leathers, but be very light and careful, plus I would not even DARE to put that thing on soft, supple leather, even using it by hand...

Believe me, I know how tough leather can be [I work construction, and clean my Red Wing boots with a wire brush, lol!] but I also know exactly how soft it can be as well, the wrong move on an expensive leather will cost you $$$