Things are achangin'

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Got Wax, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

So, as I am in process of having my northern California location finalized, I've been dealing closely with the multitude of regulators I have to contend with for my ground trans operation at SFO. Along with this operation, I'm including a fixed detailing location. This evening I recived an e-mail making me aware of a number of states that are working on legislation requiring detailers to have a fixed location, even if they plan to work mobile. Further, these shops are going to be required to obtain licensing as a paint/body shop - requiring location(s) that meet the same requirements as those of licensed body shops. This means operations will be subject to the regulations and inspections that fall under the purview of not only state and local entities but the EPA as well. According to the notice I've received, Calif., Colorado (both states I currently operate in) as well as N.J., N.Y. and Utah are actively pursuing this legislation. It seems the paint and body industry believes their business is being affected by mobile paint and dent services. And, since many detailers have added these services to their menu of services, the intent is to require detailers to follow same or similar licensing guidelines.

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

And so the movement goes underground...

3. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Good thing I haven't stickered up the Sprinter!!!

4. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Some interesting stuff, Andy!

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow that doesn't sound good at all :shakehead:

6. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

key words here are trying. they are always trying to pass one thing or another in cali. this state sucks so bad it makes me want to move!

can have .50bmg, assault rifles, cant carry a gun!! now i cant even be a mobile detailer!! wtf is next?? then the state wonders why companies move out of cali and we are broke?? but the governors wife can break several laws, all caught by tv crews and nothing happens to her ass!!

7. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Ah, democracy. Isn't it GREAT?!

8. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

All while on her cell!!!!

9. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

that was one of the violations. the other one they showed were of her parking in red, making illegal turns.

damn it burns me that this damn state wants me to reclaim all my water when doing a wash but yet cal trans can come by and flood the whole damn street with water as i stand by and watch it go into the drain!!

they dont want me to water my lawn during the day yet when i drive by the water plant all the sprinklers are on. keeping their lawn nice and lush while mine fades to dirt!!

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I don't see MN on that list... phew...

11. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

the genius politicians we have in office are sure that regulation is the path to prosperity

12. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

hmm i live in NJ...but wait, who said i detail cars :tiptoe: :p:

thats really messed up that they try to screw with businesses like that

13. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Again, the way I read this is that it is the auto/body industry driving this. If they are able to get the tunnel car wash association onboard, it may get some traction.

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'm sure the Governor spanked her when she got home. Bad Girl!! :spank:

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

in other words, detailers should be having a licence???

16. fadbypav

fadbypav Virgin Detailer

yep, ihave heard they are trying to do this in the uk.
    i agree with tightning the regs over here as there are a lot of cowboys throwing all sorts of stuff down the drains,but where will it all stop.:fs:

17. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Hmm. Reading stuff like this scares me in a way. For someone who wants to open their own high end detail shop, seems like a lot more has come into play than the regulations of simply starting your own business. Even tho I'm on the east coast ill be following this thread. Please keep us updated!

18. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I love Michigan!

19. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

It's not so much...well, nt at all associated to wastewater. This is something that appears to be something the autobody industry is behind. I thnk they are thinking that the detailers that have gone into the PDR and touch up painting are taking money out of their pockets??

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

let's put it this way - body shops need to charge less if they want more business.