The Quenga Detailing Vehicle - 2002 325xiT

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by QUENGA, Aug 10, 2012.

1. QUENGA

QUENGA Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nothing huge (yet). But I took a break from studying to clean up the Grocery Getter and Detailing Vehicle. Clients don't always know it's me when I roll up in a Bimmer! A van is in the works, but I didn't want to have my work van double as my DD. Once business picks up the van will be purchased, built and fully wrapped!! Can't wait!

We're moving into a house next month, so this was just quick clean up. Once we're in the house it's getting a Full Correction. I also bought a new camera for the business, so I really just wanted to take photos :). No more camera phone!

ONR Wash - Garry Dean Method
    P21S Carnauba Wax (love this stuff)
    Sonax FE and various wheel brushes (cleaned at a local self-service place, lol)
    3D Citrus Degreaser (tires/wheel wells)
    Meguiar's Hyper Dressing

Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner
    Optimum Protectant Plus

[​IMG]
    Pre-Sonax by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Sonax In Action1 by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

Nothing brightens wheels like Sonax!

[​IMG]
    Sonax FE Cleaned by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

I was just going to do a spot comparison, but opted for a full 50/50 after the photo.

[​IMG]
    Leather Spot Testing by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

You can see the filth in the suds:

[​IMG]
    Leather Cleaning by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

After I scrub with the leather brush I wipe down, spray a MF towel and wipe it over once more to get any remaining residue and then buff off again with a clean MF. My other 50/50 came out blurry, user error on the camera :rolleyes

[​IMG]
    Final Leather Wipe Down by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

I got this bottle a while ago as a free sample. I usually use Chemical Guys conditioner on most vehicles since I clean a lot of DD's and older cars. No need to spend the big $$ yet.

[​IMG]
    Optimum Protectant by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

Nice matte finish:

[​IMG]
    Leather Conditioned by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

And 1 outside shot now that she's freshly waxed:

[​IMG]
    2002 BMW 325xiT by JASON.QUENGA, on Flickr

Thanks for looking! Stay tuned for the full decon in September :)

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

That's your work vehicle? Looks pretty sharp man. Everything seems to have turned out well.

3. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

Looks awesome. I love the 325 wagons, you don't see enough of them around.

4. QUENGA

Lol, yeah. Well, I didn't want to be stuck with a big truck or van if I decided not to keep detailing. I'll always detail, but whether or not I do it full-time is the question. I liked where I worked. I turned down a nice promotion and a lot of money to detail. I was burning out doing that and going to school full-time though. My boss pretty much said screw school, it wouldn't teach me anything they couldn't about business (he's a USC graduate and the other executives are UConn/Penn State). The GI Bill is my main source of income and I pay less on this than I did my M3! So, I'm saving money and I don't need 2 cars. Pretty much anything I make in detail gets re-invested or invested. If the detailing picks up and I see myself making a living off it, I'll get a van instantly. But, aside from a water tank and generator, I already fit more than I need for most details in this thing! I have a year left in school to decide what I want to do, might as well enjoy the Bimmer :).

Thanks. It's got some dents I'm looking to get taken out before I do a full correction on it. It's also getting new tint. After a few more details it'll get some rims and suspension. I miss my M3, but I'm definitely glad I got the wagon. So useful in more ways than just using it to drive to clients homes. Plus, they are 10x easier to work on than what most have for a truck/van!

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

You aren't the first person i have heard talk about school being overrated. Most people don't end up working in the field they get a degree in. School isn't bad, but it sure does cost a small fortune.

So what did you say your main source of income was?

6. QUENGA

The education is overrated, especially in business. The commitment and follow through is what's most important. That's really what my boss was referring to. He told me I already had my foot in the door and the beginning of a career started. I might just go back, but I'm doubling up on classes for the next 5 months, so I'll see what's open after the end of this year. The GI Bill pays for my school and gives me a monthly housing allowance.

7. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Hey you got a video up on youtube, right for the nomad pressure washer?

8. M3_GT

M3_GT Virgin Detailer

ONR - Garry Dean method what is this? I'm an ONR user and fan.

9. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer