The perfect poo....

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by lasthope05, May 7, 2010.

1. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

I've been through a few different brands of car shampoo but can never really find one that I like and can stick to. I find myself getting hyped up about shampoos as most people do with LSPs. In my opinion, having a high quality soap is more important than an LSP. LSP's, to me, are secondary as the washing step is where the majority of your marring and damage comes from, thus the most important and crucial stem in maintaining a good finish.

I took advantage of DI's shampoo sale and got the Dodo Juice BTBM and Sour Power, Glossworkz, and PB SS&S. I tried all of them out to day, with 3 different types of wash media(grout, chenille, and lambswool), and while they are all top notch products they didnt really do it for me. My stash of car soap is still pretty small but its getting there. So far I have:

Meguiar's Shampoo Plus
    Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax
    Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
    Meguair's Deep Crystal (Wheel soap)
    Optimum Car Wash
    Duragloss 902 CWC
    Poorboys Super Slick & Suds
    Chemical Guys Glossworkz
    Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild
    Dodo Juice Sour Power
    Optimum No Rinse
    DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss
    Autoglym Body Shampoo Conditioner

[​IMG]

I like Optimum's car wash, DG 901, CG Glossworkz and DJ's BTBM, but I am wondering if there is anything better out there I'm missing out on? Any recommendation on a super slick car shampoo that you have tried? Im looking for something that feels like melted butter between my fingers.

Haha, maybe I asking too much.....

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I've yet to find something I liked as much as Zaino's Z7, but it's not cheap by any means if you detail more than just your family vehicles it's probably not going to be the one you use with regularity based on price alone.

The one behind that (for me) is Sonus' car was soap, but it's been many years since anyone had it. (Until recently).

I'm surprised you aren't liking the Optimum Car wash and Duragloss CWC a lot. Those are pretty popular items.

3. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

While I do like Optimum car wash and DG 901 I just feel there has to be something else better out there. I detail as a side job so something affordable would be nice, but if it's that darn good I wont care. I've never thought of trying Z7 but if its that good then I'll have to pick up a bottle of Z7. I'll look into Sonus's soap. I've never heard of Sonus having much of any products that stand out besides the clay.

4. metsfan

metsfan Birth of a Detailer

you didnt like glossworks ? its super slick and leaves a awesome finish + smells like watermelon .I also like opt wash .

5. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

I like CG Wash and Clear. Different dilutions will either strip or maintain lsp. It's good nice foam for the foam gun, enough suds for normal wash, and slick enough to feel safe running the sponge over the paint.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

On a freshly waxed car you can't beat P21S.

7. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Oops... I guess I didnt finish adding everything to my original post. I like CG Glossworkz but I dont love it.

Ken, How would you rate P21s against raceglaze?

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have loved Glossworkz for maint soap to make the car pop, but by far the best soap I have used is Lusso Car Bath, super silky smooth!

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Soaps I have tried are as follows:

Meg's Gold Class
    CG glossworks
    CG cwg
    CG cwc
    PB SS&S
    1Z glanz shampoo
    1z perls
    Autoglym*
    CL-68 shampoo*
    Megs hyperwash*
    mark-v very cherry*
    dg 901
    majestic solutions ultra gloss

the ones with the * next to it are my current faves. I use the autoglym for the decon kit as its pH neutral and the CL-68 has to be the cleanest rinsing soap I have ever uesd.

hyperwash thru a foam cannon is fun :D

10. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

I totally forgot about the AG shampoo I had. I guess I didnt like it enough to remember it...haha. They have Carlack products in the States or did you order in from the UK?

So far I think I'm getting a bottle of Lusso Auto Bath and Z7 for sure.

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

carlack has a few items in the states. i use their sealant for wheels :)

12. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I didn't like the Autoglym soap I had used, but maybe cause the car I used it on was destroyed.

13. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

you havent tried lusso yet?

that is very slick on the paint

14. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

WERKSTAT Detailing: CARLACK 68

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I have to ask what the shampoos you currently have do not do for you?

When you are done with your wash what are you left yearning for?

16. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Does the CG Glossworkz or DG 901 create a lot of suds? I've been using optimum car wash and its very slick but it just creates to many suds if there's such a thing.

17. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

When using a high pressure stream any shampoo will foam up. Glossworkz foams, but its not crazy foam which I like. Usually I just use mist- on the nozzle setting- to knock down the suds to almost none

18. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

IMO there is such a thing... I am not a fan of suds due to my own reasons and that is why I fill my bucket(s) with water 1st and then add the shampoo and swirl /mix it around by hand.

19. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the link you just sent! Looking into them now.

I had the same experience. It felt like I was using just plain water.

No but its on my list to try right now.

Thanks a bunch!

Dont get me wrong, I like the shampoos that I have and the majority of them perform and look great. What Im looking for is something that provides a slick butter smooth washing experience. Maybe looking for some miracle soap that's so slick that the wash media just floats/glides over the paint.

CG Glossworks doesnt create too much suds but I find DG901 makes as much as optmum car wash. Just like Deep Gloss, I fill my buckets up first but as im washing I still get a thick frothy layer of foam.

20. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Thanks! May have to order some of the Glossworkz. And I always fill the bucket first and mix with my hand like mentioned and still seem to get a lot of suds.