the never mentioned side effect of facebook

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by invaderzim, Apr 18, 2012.

1. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

I know overall it is a very sad/tragic topic and I'm nitpicking it but has anyone else noticed that whenever a girl or woman goes missing or something tragic happens now all the photos they show on the news are their facebook poses? The looking at the camera from an extreme angle with the lips pushed out and that standard facebook look on their faces; the "look how deep in thought and sexy I am" look.
    It just seems sad to me that once the final image that people would see and remember would be a picture of them laughing with friends or outside smiling at some sort of event or a family get together and now the final image the world sees of them is a lame look-like-everyone-else facebook pose. There was some news story the other night about a girl and they went through 4 images of her during the story and they were all the same type of shot with her holding the camera out and looking up at it with the same expression. (someone should point out to girls what that angle and look makes guys think about)
    okay, that's my rant for tonight. There's some kids out front and it sounds like they are getting close to my lawn..

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Yeah it's sad. I know that look you are talking about... the "hold the cellphone in front of your face and pose" look.

3. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

Duck face is an epidemic that needs to be quarantined and stopped

4. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

If I ever go missing, I hope they use this picture:
    [​IMG]

:rollinglaugh:

5. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

You'd be easy to spot that's for sure :)

6. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

yeah, and then when the family rolls out those shots for the 'remember our beautiful daughter' or 'have you seen our daughter' shots on the news it just seems so sad to me.

7. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

Stop worrying about other people's issues. It'll only consume your time, not theirs.

8. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

Reminds me of these lyrics....pretty true:
    "But everybody thinks
    That everybody knows
    About everybody else
    Now now now nobody knows
    Anything about themselves
    Cause their all worried about everybody else"
    - Jack Johnson- Wasting time

Can't tell you how many of my friends are getting turned down from internships after they are discovered on FB....HA
    ....Don't put anything out there that you wouldn't be able to put in front of everyone and be proud to say- "yea thats me"

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

ill be sure to look for a camera

10. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

words to live by