The Infamous Fire Hose Nozzle! [Canadian Friendly]

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by BrendanS, Jan 18, 2009.

1. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I was browsing the Canadian Tire website last night and was looking at the hose nozzles they have. I found the Fire Hose Nozzle that a lot of the online retailer selling for cheaper. It's $15.00 CAD which is a lot better than $20USD ($24CAD). I'll probably pick one up next time it's on sale or I'm in the store. Just thought I'd share, and finally something for us Canucks!

Canadian Tire

Brendan

2. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I own two Craftsman water hose nozzles, the great thing is they have a lifetime warranty.

3. starmax

starmax Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Do you guys have Wal-mart up there? If so you can get these for about $5.99 (USD) there.

4. BrendanS

Did not know that! Yeah we do have Wal-Mart up here, no supercenters though. I go down to Bellingham/Lynnwood quite often and we always stop by the Wal-Marts so I can get them down there for cheaper if we don't have them. Thanks for the tip!

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

They also have them at Superstore for I think $3. I bought mine for $8 from Canadian Tire.

6. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I always wanted to try this thing. What's so special about it?

7. BrendanS

Wow did not know that either! Well, I'm going grocery shopping with my mom next time she goes to superstore:yikes:. I'll check it out, thanks! Where you from btw?

8. BrendanS

Apparently, they're really durable? I don't know, just good to have. I couldn't imagine myself paying $20USD or $25CAD for that thing.

9. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

i guess i overpaid for mine.... i got the chemical guys fire nozzle.... im loving it better than a pistol nozzle!

10. BrendanS

That one they have really looks good. Specially with it being anodized. It's on sale for $15 so it's not to bad.

11. starmax

starmax Any Rag Vehicle Washer

They work pretty well since you can adjust the output on a wide range. When it's barely open, you get a very high pressure spray (higher than any nozzle I've ever used), or you can open it up a bit for a nice cone spray.

I only have 2 small gripes:

if you throw it down it has a tendency to open up again (turn on)

I haven't found a setting that works well for sheeting.

12. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Im not sure...I have one and I think its a POS. Mabey its the water pressure where I live :shrug:

13. BrendanS

Right now, I'm trying to find a hose nozzle that will get me more water pressure. I'm not sure how much but it's not a lot. In the summer, I worked at a Nissan Dealership and the water pressure there was insane. I actually had to get used to it, and then I'd come home and wash the cars at home and use pretty much no pressure. I'm hoping this helps solve some my issue. If not, theres not much I can do.