The ideal detailing shoe

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by dsms, Aug 7, 2010.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Converse hi top chuck taylors.

Honestly I can say these are outstanding sneakers to detail in, especially for those guys doing long hour paint corrections. With the exception of a wash process, in which case these guys are not waterproof, they perform like a champ in all other areas. For wash process I usually use waterproof boots.

Why I like them?

1) Flat bottom/sole. Great for comfort and overall foot health. After talking to my chiropractor over a year ago I learned how unhealthy a lot of sneakers can be, namely running shoes or ones with bubbles at the bottom because they elevate your foot to a unnatural position thus putting pressure on your spine. Not terrible for walking around but when your detailing in them it could cause more harm than good.

2) Hi top, great ankle support and you can lace them all the way up so they stay tight on your foot. Working on your knees, bending your foot back, moving side to side, I think ankle support is a worthy point to think about.

3) Lightweight, self explanatory just nice to not lug around boots if you dont have to.

4)Flexible. When polishing your body gets contorted in all positions, so does your feet, you never battle the shoe for a comfy feel as they flex well (not too easily like the Nike Frees which SUCK for detailing)

5) Inexpensive, about $40 for a new pair, maybe less online if you shop around. I had my old pair for over a year, used them at the gym, running and detailing and finally after enough abuse I decided on a fresh pair this afternoon

I just find Chucks work really well for detailing and paint correction giving good support and comfort. My feet do not hurt nearly as much wearing these compared to my work boots, nike air maxes or nike free running shoes.

Thumbs up in my book :thumb:

Action shot, im definitely not having lunch now in this picture... wearing jeans :giggle:

[​IMG]

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I prefer wearing Vans when detailing.

3. They call me the barefoot detailer :drinking2:

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

North face Goretex for me.

5. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I wear sandals knowing ill get my shoes wet. An added bonus is if it's hot I can spray my feet while working to help cool off.

6. Dial Up

Dial Up Birth of a Detailer

i just rock my crocs. super comfy for me or a beater pair of air jordans

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I prefer my Todd's loafers.

8. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

Sandals for me too... But a pair of Chuck's doesn't sound like a bad idea as the weather gets cooler...

9. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Wore these when i played basketball, could stop on a dime with them. Now that i am somewhat older, these would probably kill me, no support and hard on the feet, now i need something with a little cushioning and support. Think i paid like 17 bucks when i was a kid.

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Oakley Bottlecaps for me. Water drains right through the soles and super comfortable.

11. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

For me its Crocs for washing and the rest of the detail Addidas Samba Classics most comfortable shoe around:headbang:

Cheers
    Darren

12. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

Croc's ftw!!!

13. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I usually wear some sort of athletic shoe, as of late it's been adidas. I use to rock Nike shox but found they weren't flexible and very stiff and rigid. Also, shoes usually last about 6 months before the soles begin to have a ton of wear on them

The Chuck's sound nice, but my detail uniform is Nike shorts and a dri-fit shirt, so I think they would look a little off.

14. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Ok well I just go **** myself, this thread didnt go the way I anticipated.

LOL,

how about this is MY ideal detailing shoe AND share your own preferred choice? Better option? Lots of good alternatives here for sure

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Wow dave, easy on the roid rage.

You should know by now if you start a thread, others preferences and thoughts are going to be shared.

No one is knocking what you like at all. If that's what you like and it works for you then awesome. And thanks for sharing.

16. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Roid rage? Really?

I use that phrase all the time as a joke, hence the LOL part of it. Anybody that knows me knows my sarcasm. If I was truly upset by people on a public forum voicing their opinions I wouldnt be one to suggest others to chime in with their choice shoe for detailing.

17. Pointed toe snakeskin cowboy boots with stirups :tiptoe:

18. GDAL

GDAL Guest

sarcasm? Mr. DSMS? NEVER!!!!

19. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I really would like to know if anyone here owns a pair of oakley's car wash sneakers. Any feedback would be appreciated.

20. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Gianni gets me :thumb: