The Great Ultra-Gloss Giveaway

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Reflect, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Things have been getting a little slow around here lately and I decided to amp things up a notch. I've always been a proponent of doing things differently and trying to find something that improves either a process or cuts through the gimmicks; both of which us as detailers can relate to. I've been reading through the product discussions and reviews and found that the common review isn't sufficient enough to justify my purchase. We have people either on the payroll or coming from biased sources, people using products differently, people without enough experience making reviews, and the list goes on. Word of mouth and advertising can only get us so far, but actually trying and experimenting with the product will absolutely tell us whether or not we like the product, and in the long run save us money on a purchase.

This is where I decided to get a bit creative. I've teamed up with Majestic Solutions to provide a decent amount of samples (25+), and at a decent volume (8oz) so those who were on the fence or didn't know about the product had a chance to try it for a very very reasonable price. This should give the testers enough product for 2-3 washes (provided we don't use the unnecessary 5 gallons of wash solution and stick to 2 or 3 gallons) and they can accurately gauge whether or not the product is good enough to purchase from the manufacturer. I believe samples are the best way, hands down, to see if a product is worthy enough to sit on your shelf. The reason I picked Ultra Gloss is that I think it is one of the best maintenance soaps out there, and also because I feel like it doesn't get enough publicity or praise.

[​IMG]

I'll be shipping these samples out on my own via USPS, so it might take a bit longer than usual since I have other affairs that I need to attend to. I will do my best to send them out as soon as I can, and plan on shipping out about 5 samples a day until the list is completely. I think this is rather reasonable. Secondly, since the product is free, I would only ask that the receiver pay shipping. I'll be shipping out USPS in small bubble wrap envelopes, and I imagine that the cost will be about $5. This includes 8oz of product, shipping, and a 8oz bottle with spritzer and cap. Paypal will make this transaction the easiest for me and you, and for records sake. I can take people's addresses in private messages, and the first five on my signal will be sent the product for that give-away round. I will say when I am ready to receive the names and PM's, and the first 5 to respond IN THE THREAD will be the lucky ones. I may not give the signal every day, I'm pretty busy at the moment.

I've also set aside a 16oz sample of Ultra Gloss to send to Phil to see if he approves of the soap, and perhaps that will bloom into him carrying the line. I really think you guys are gonna like the soap, it is very wax friendly and smells frickin amazing, and leaves behind a nice polymer gloss. Although reviews are sparce, I have not seen a single bad review. I'm going to post this first to get some publicity so everyone has a fair chance. I'll give the signal pretty soon for the first five people. Good luck.

Addition: I'd also like to keep this in the U.S. as shipping rates get really expensive. I believe even Alaska and Hawaii are covered under this.

Limit one per person.

Say: "Sample Please" to avoid confusion.

Round two is a go!

THIS GIVEAWAY WILL BE OVER ON OCT 1, 2010 - edited by DB Boss

2. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

i would really like to buy one of these samples from you please

3. Reflect

I gotta be fair to the other members and let the word out a little bit before I start the game.

4. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

Good luck with the game.

I just got my gallon of this, so I won't be participating.

5. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

can't wait :)

6. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

these samples are gonna go fast! awesome for u to do this for the community

7. Reflect

I should be starting it off somewhere around 8PM Eastern Time. After I send all of the samples out, I'd like to start a real review thread and have you guys give your impressions and concerns about the product, and I'll forward it to Majestic Solutions.

8. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

Very nice of you to do this. I like UG along with other MS stuff, but its the shipping cost from them that's unreasonable and the main reason why I don't purchase from MS.

9. Reflect

Yes, shipping can be a killer. It is slightly offset by their generally lower prices though.

10. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

This is very nice reflect. Nice to see someone acknowledge people who give "opinion" in alot of forum are bias or affilate eventhough it is sneaky sometime.

What is the game to win sample? Very nice of majestic to give you shampoo to give to people too.

Can we buying sample or just play game to win?

11. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Two Bucket System Washer

If we Paypal money, will it be sent as money for an item or a gift?

Also, any chance for pickups if people are local enough to save on shipping?

12. Reflect

You basically have to be in the first five of every round to pay for shipping, and get the product for free.

13. Reflect

I think if it's sent as a gift paypal doesn't take a fee, so that would be preferable. If you mean combining shipping I suppose you could, but you'd have to win it along with someone close. Unless you were referring to me.

14. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Hey reflect, I sent PM for some Ultra-Gloss.

Thanks

15. Reflect

I didn't start the game yet. When I say go, then you can post up to be one of the first five.

16. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

whoops..... sorry. I didnt read all the fine prints =)

17. Reflect

Okay guys, here is what you are playing for. 8oz of Ultra Gloss with 8oz Spritzer bottle including USPS shipping for a flat fee of $5.

[​IMG]

You MUST post in this thread to be accounted for. If you send a PM and do not post in here, you will be disqualified. Only the first 5 people will be selected, when you see your name selected, THEN PM me your information and I will give you my paypal information. Send payment as gift. Good luck!

18. metajames

metajames Birth of a Detailer

I would like a free sample please!

19. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I'm in!

Shampoo whores unite!

20. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

first?!

aw, third!

Thread Status: