The Cold

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Chas, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Alright I don't know what it is about this winter but I cannot wait for spring or summer to get here with warmer weather. It has been abnormally frigid here and I know people in the midwest have it 10X worse. I'm calling for a DB Members retreat to south Florida. How amazing would that be.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Man, i'm so ready for warm weather. Got a ton of products during all the christmas sales. My car is so filthy, I hate to even look at it. So, I'll be so glad when warm weather gets here.

3. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

I washed my car with the hose hooked up to a faucet inside the house. The hose broke off and my laundry room was drenched.

I was done with this winter 5 minutes into the 1st snow storm. That was 10 storms ago. Enough already!

Thanks for letting me vent. Joe D.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

my trucks full of salt now and its 9 degrees out side.. nothing i can do . stinks ..

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

A couple days ago I got the chance to do a regular wash instead of ONR. I gave the wells a good scrub and gave the undercarriage a good spray down. My 3 month old layer of 845 was starting to lose beading on the hood after all of the salt/snow/ non-washing so I used AG Super Resin Polish on White LC pad on speed 5 to remove LSP and prep the area, then topped it with AG Hi Def. Pretty slick now and with this weather we're having I was lucky with a decent day to do it.

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

winter sucks. i need a large heated garage

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Man, i'd give a testicle to have a heated garage!!
    I'm glad we dont have to worry about salt down here in the south.

8. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

there s salt f ing everywere here. i hate it. owell

9. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

In winter there is no such thing as clean; only better than before.

I'm fortunate to be able to bucket wash at a spray bay 10 minutes away from home. But I'm also dying for summer time.

10. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

one thing i picked up for about $25 @ Dick's Sporting Goods is a water proof ski suit.

It really (i can't stress this enough) helps to keep warm outdoors and isn't very bulky.

Short of meeting in Florida, I guess I'll have to ONR with my ski suit.

11. JC98

JC98 Birth of a Detailer

Just got back from FL on Saturday...I was greeted with 20 degree weather and nasty salt covered roads...my car is so nasty right now...just need to find a free evening for an ONR wash. Guess I am lucky though cause all I have to do is flip the heater on in the garage.