The brightest torch in the world over 1000 lumens!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, May 27, 2009.

1. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

Just when I thought I'd seen all the torches in the world, I find this monster for £250!!! :crasy:

Over a 1000 lumens though... I wonder what its like compared to my P7 and K3.

Led Lenser X21 - AWESOME!! OVER 1000 LUMENS OUPUT

here's what they say about it...

The brightest LED torch in the world...simple as!

Description

The LED LENSER® X21 causes a sensation because it allows for a whole range of new applications in light engineering. The lamp has a light output of up to 1060 lumens. Thanks to the Advanced Focus System, the light cone can be adjusted dynamically. 4 x D Cell alkaline batteries included. This product was designed for use with D Cell alkaline batteries - do not use rechargeable batteries. The LED LENSER® X21 offers a broad, circular low beam as well as a sharply focused searchlight beam. 7 ultra-bright high-performance chips and 7 terminator lenses produce a quality of light like you have never experienced before - a blazing beam that makes even car headlights look pale in comparison. This lamp’s lighting range is already legendary. And its impressive appearance radiates power and authority. A search light in the palm of your hand!

Features

Output 1060 lumens
    7 CREE chip technology
    Burn time 300 hours
    Advanced flood to spot focus system
    Dynamic 3 mode brightness switch
    Batteries included
    Hard carry case included
    Shoulder strap included

Kind Regards
    Paul

p.s. You'll see that the torches I was using in Hong Kong are on the link above, same make as this monster torch.

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I'll wait until we get the 5,000 torch...

;)

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Holy crap...so when are we going to have full LED headlights??

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

burn time of 300 hours? what happens after that? just new batterires or is the light toast?

5. mrgolfrider

I'm thinking time for a new batteries...that would be my guess.

6. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

Audi is hard at work on that now. I think the production R8 V10 might have them.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

That is sweet!

8. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

Here's some cool info:

"Standard cars will have LED headlights in the next 18 months, according to headlight maker Hella.

'Expect a breakthrough into volume within the next year or one and a half years,' Steffen Pietzonkam head of marketing at Hella, told Electronics Weekly, 'We are working on 13 or 14 car models with full LED headlamps.'

Both Audi's R8 and Cadillac's Escalade Platinum are in production with full (both main and dip beams) LED headlights.

These are high-end cars as LED technology is expensive - the Cadillac uses seven Osram LEDs per headlamp, each with five LED die - so the unrevealed car models with LED headlights will be far from bargain basement models."

9. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

NICE...:thumb:

10. mrgolfrider

That is awesome!! So much for thinking that an HID headlight conversion would be cool on the MK4..LOL

11. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

doesnt the Lexus LS600HL already have LED headlights ? the three projector ones

12. mrgolfrider

Damn it, I never noticed that! now i'm going to have to go to the local Lexus dealer and check that out, good find!!

13. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

Only for the low beams. The R8 V10 and Escalade Platinum use LED for both High and Low beams. Afaik, the R8 isnt sold in N. America with LED lights tho, only in Europe. I think it will be awhile before you see full LED headlights in affordable cars. There are just soo many issues using LED's in continued cycle, not the least being the huge amount of heat the led's produce inside a plastic headlight housing...

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That's insane. I'll make sure to get one of those for the next time I detail in a cave. :crasy:

15. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

Very useful information there Paul, thanks. Being able to focus the light like that, would be much better than what the Fenix series can offer. Which of the lights you use now, do you find the best for swirl/hologram-spotting?

Kind regards,

Ebbe

16. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

You wrote this in the Hong Kong Ferrari thread:

Now I'm a bit confused.. Was it a Led Lenser Flashlight or a Snap On torch, you used in HK?

Kind regards,

Ebbe

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

If there is one company I'd love to work for, it would be Hella!

18. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Hey Ebbe,

It was a Snap on torch made by Len lenser, but now I have contacted them directly, gotta go a check out this crazy torch. I ordered a P17 last night, which is 200 lumens, already got a P7 and a K3 which are about 160-170 lumens. Even the baby K3 is crazy in the dark, you can see so far away. The K3 was what I used in Hong Kong.

I cant wait too see how bright the X21 is, there going to think im mad running out to my van with it!! :headbang:

Kind Regards
    Paul

p.s. I also use Metal halide lamps, don't use Halogen, there not bright enough, and my 3M torch, which seems like a waste of money compared too these Len Lensers!!

19. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

So whos noticed the strap on the head Len Lensers????? and thought.. mmm, that could be a good idea while Im polishing, but what a pr@tt I'd look!! lol...

20. mrgolfrider

well Paul, if your 3M torch is such a waste, i'll gladly take if off your hands.