The Big Flex.

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Aesop, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

I just wanted to post this up quickly. My Makita broke, and the only Polisher in the area was the Big Flex Rotary. I paid $185.00, and told the guy there was no chance I would like it. I really wanted the lightweight 3403. I have now used the big flex for about 12 or so hours of polishing, and I refuse to return it. This thing is awesome. The slow start is much better than the Makita's. Its quieter than the Makita, and I love the smooth speed transition as opposed to the click of the Makita. I used my Makita for an estimated 1,500 hours and never once did I not like it. I have to say this Flex is much better though. I do not have any in depth review, and probably will not get one up. If you have any questions I will certainly respond. Part number is LK603VVB

2. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

if you didnt like clicks on makita you could have gotten Hitachi. it doesnt have clicks and smooth tansition between speeds

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I looked into that flex as it was such a great deal. The price is pretty good, when AG was having the buffer sale it was down to $140-150 I think...

Seems like a overlooked rotary as you dont hear much about it at all.

4. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

I have not used the Hitachi, but I would not give up my Flex for anything. I will most likely get the smaller flex, and sell my Makita when it comes back. As stated, the Flex was the only polisher in town.

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

My makita has been acting kind of funny... been looking at other options... I wish I could try them all out one by one..

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I actually looked up that model flex a couple months back, and debating on getting it later this year. my makita is still rockin, so no rush.

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

can you change out the backing plates on this one like you could on the makita?

8. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Yes its just a 5/8" male adapter like the Makita.

9. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Mine started to shock me, and then a bearing went. Not sure why it was shocking me.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Shocking polisher = no good at all..

Sounds like some kind of short, maybe the electrical cord going into the machine was loose, I know many people have had that issue but was not shocking them just would not work.

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You can. Come by my shop, I have them all here.

12. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Alright Ken... except for the fact that the plane ticket costs as much as most of them...

13. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I used a makita for nine years, now I have both rotaries from Ken's recomendation and they are both awesome, the lighter one is quite noisy but and not as smooth as the big one but they both are great machines

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Picky, picky. Some guys just want it all!