The best tire dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Reflect, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I'm looking for a mid to high gloss tire shine that is dry to the touch. Does such a unicorn exist?

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Are you looking for a water based product or solvent based??

3. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

DP Gloss Tire Gel.

4. Reflect

Whatever is drier.

5. Niyo

Niyo Virgin Detailer

Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel gets my vote.

6. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

CG VRP :thumb:

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Adam's VRT

8. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

Optimum tire gel!

9. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

Cg vrp

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Adam's VRT. I have Optimum Opti-bond as well, but don't like it as much. I often get uneven application, which pisses me off.

11. Reflect

LOL. Ok so it looks like the general trend say it's actually best to go with a multi-use dressing. Which one is it, CG or Adam's?

12. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Optimum Tire bond

13. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Optigel or CG Liquid extreme shine

14. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I've been using Armor All Original exclusively for the last year or so and couldn't be happier. The perfect look IMO, water based, and when used with the proper applicator only requires 1 or 2 coats to get it 100% uniform (even on dry tires).

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

VRT and VRP r the same thing... I like Meg's Hyper Dressing because you can control the gloss

16. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

Ive pretty much had it with water based dressings. Im going solvent based soon, piss on it.

17. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

when you use hyper dressing on tires, what dilution ratio do you use. I have some mixed 4:1 for engines and wells, and I like the look.

Also, do you just spray it on the tires and let it dry, or buff it off after x amount of time?

18. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I use it 1:1 on tires, I use a short handle body brush... the one with the green bristles. Spray a few times on the brush then onto the tire! works great!

When I'm all done with the detail, I usually look over the tires and if I see something that looks like run, then I'll usually pat dry the tire

19. Reflect

How dry will these products become? As in no greasy feeling to them?

20. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

CG or Adam's, pretty much same thing. I bought mine from Phil at Detailers Domain under the Adam's brand.