The attack of snow!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by v|nsan|ty, Jan 25, 2012.

1. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Thankfully there is a decent portion of drivers where I live that equip their cars with winter tires. As for this video, I can't help but laugh. Uploader mentions police told drivers not to go down the hill but long behold, racecar!

[video=youtube;xrJuigh2aCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJuigh2aCc&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Did you approach anyone with your business card and throw in the classic "I can buff that out for you" line?

3. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

Idiots!

That looked like the first snow fall here every year... people are so stupid they forget how to (or that they shouldn't if possible) drive in bad snow storms. I'm still shaking my head at the trucks who thought it would be a good idea to drive into oncoming traffic to get around a car when they were already stopped... I wonder what the driver in the snowplow was thinking, that thing barely moved when the car hit it.

4. SkateForGirl

SkateForGirl Virgin Detailer

Wow some of those people were flying. I couldn't help but to laugh either. Doesn't look like anyone got hurt.

5. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

i feel common sense would have stopped you from trying to go down that hill, but i guess the common driver thinks they drive better than the elements.

6. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

And this is just snow...jeez. I can't imagine what it would look like when it's an ice storm. It's funny how many people think they can drive when they really can't.

As Jeremy Clarckson once said "Driving is a lot like sex. Every man thinks he's good at it." While there aren't just men driving in this video, I think it applies very well here.

7. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

It looks like most of the clowns were driving FWD's. Nothing really works as good as 4 real snow tires and you still have to deal with Physics here.
    Seems like everyone wanted to turn the wheel or the front wheels hit a rut, turned and then they hit the brakes locked them all up and there went what little traction steering control they had..

Unbelievable that seeing all the wrecked cars on the street and in people's yards, they still kept coming!!! Wow !!!

Thanks for sharing this !
    Dan F

8. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

It is amazing what people tried to do. I can see how the first few drivers got lured into it but you see a bunch of cars piled up and still go that is just nuts. It looks like one guy just gunned it to try to get up the hill but didn't make it.

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

you would think they would know better, it is not like this is a once in a life time event...........Winter, it happens every year.

I see these clowns every year when I go snowmobiling, people bombing through the mountains in their 2wd car, bumpers and fenders embeded in the snow banks.

10. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

This video reminds me of why I left the Midwest 3 years ago. People always forget how to drive on snow-covered roads. I think my most vivid experience was getting stuck in a bad ice storm in Cincinnati back when I was in college.

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

What floors me is these drivers see wrecks and other cars off to the side and whatnot, and still try to be superman in bad weather. Just pull over and wait for the plow or dont go out at all.

I will admit I laughed at the suv that hit the plow :lol:

12. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Oh the things some people do. The comment about everyone forgetting how to drive once winter hits is so true. It's not like this is a once in a lifetime event, especially if you're local to the area. It comes along every damn year so use common sense and quit thinking you're immune to anything bad that may happen. It's the whole "oh it won't happen to me" mentality. *Shakes head*

13. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I feel horrible laughing at some of the wrecks especially since someone did a hit and run on my mom's car last night but that Rav4 trying to overtake was hilarious

14. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

I see this every winter but with over confident truck and SUV drivers who think that little 4x4 button will take care of things.

15. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

I can't see how this can be just snow...there has to be ice underneath considering how badly these guys are sliding.

16. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

It's not ice. Towards the end of the video you can see that the snow is being moved around and leaves behind "slush" mounds. You can't have ice when slush is present.

17. hamza7

[video=youtube;cahJxE53E0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cahJxE53E0A[/video]

18. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Geezus. Some of those cars came flying down the road like it's a dry summer day. Like seriously, why are people going so fast when it's a damn blizzard outside.

19. hamza7

[video=youtube;cahJxE53E0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cahJxE53E0A[/video]

What's wrong with people

20. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Dumb housewives........ LOL