Tesla Model S, what happens when a customer doesn't listen

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by maxepr1, Apr 19, 2013.

1. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

I prepped this car after delivery a few months ago. It came from Tesla California with issues and we corrected it and the owner wanted it Opti-Coated as the clear was very soft and marred easy. I gave him 2 grit guards, 2 waffle weave drying towels, and a wash mitt. Also a small bottle of ONR. As I tell all my customers that, Opti-Coat is not bullet proof and still needs care to keep looking it's best. Well I got a call from him a few weeks ago that he screwed up the car! Well after he brought the car by for me to see it, it was way worse than the first correction! And with readings very low all over the place(68-180's), some of the damage would be remain. During shipment during the prep I found damage on the rear drivers quarter, Tesla repaired and repainted but the owner plowed into a shelf in his garage and he decided to "paint it". Not so good! After correcting, he insisted on recoating over whatever the finish was. I don't like coating over defects in the finish but he insisted. Enjoy

ONR wash
    ONR and light brushing on the Wheels
    Flex LC Cyan and 101
    Flex LC Polishing and OPT HP
    ONR wash
    Opti-Coat
    ONR wipe down on the interior
    Wolfs Trim Coat on trim

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You get the point.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some tracers remained on the hood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Freshly painted rear quarter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Even the carbon fiber was hit!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Photo Bucket now sucks and it's taking forever to retrieve photos, I'm leaving it with these finished pictures. I don't have time get the rest of the photo's. All in all I was not really happy with the finished product. Some panels corrected down perfect, most did not as readings were very low! Owner learned a expensive lesson! He was pleased with the outcome.

2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Sweet ride. Bad condition. I guess as long as the owner is happy .

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I agree - Photobucket sucks since their "upgrade". With any luck your client will mar it up again so you can charge him a third time for Opti Coat! He's like a dream client. Doesn't want it mint and willing to pay a premium! LOL

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

That is a very sexy sedan! Looks like you have a repeat customer for life if he doesn't learn after this fix.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice work fixing all the paint issues.

I am seemingly one of the few that do not like this car. The design is boring and find that it might as well be a Hyundai Sonata. And what is with that tacky 24" screen in the dash? Stupid... If anyone has ever sat in one, the interior looks downright cheap. This is a $30K car at best.

6. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter