Tesla Model S Correction and Opti-Coat by Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Greg Gellas, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Greg Gellas

Greg Gellas DB Pro Supporter

I was contacted by a very nice gentleman who was interested in having his new Tesla Model S Opti-Coated. It hadn't been delivered yet so we scheduled it for 2 days after the delivery of the car. We had planned for a single polishing step, but after a full wash and decon, I was able to capture the real damage to the paint. I called up the client and explained that a 2 step would be needed to get his new Tesla where he wanted it. He agreed, and I went to work documenting the damage and correction.

You can see here all of the buffer trails left by the delivery team. The entire car had them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Additionally, it wasn't just buffer trails the overall condition was pretty bad, with swirls and RIDS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did a test spot and found that M105 with a MF pad corrected perfectly for what we were going for. After this step I left some haze.

[​IMG]

I finished down with HD Polish. I love this for a super glossy finish, and it is very easy to remove from the surface. I was getting too many towel marks using Hyper Polish. After another wash, I gently wiped IPA to keep the finish marr free. I then coated the entire car including the faces of the wheels with Opti-Coat PRO. I apologize for no outside shots. Unfortunately, it was late and snowing. Additionally, the entire front end, including full hood, full fenders, bumper, mirrors, headlights, and fog lights were covered with xpel ultimate paint protection film, done by leeberbs. Of course we gave it a full charge. :D The owner brought his google glasses during pickup and we got to play with those a bit, VERY cool! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was also able to capture the LED's in the headlights doing their thing. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, thanks for reading! Greg Gellas :)

2. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

Looking good!! Great work!!

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

great job Greg! these Tesla isn't a easy car to do. so far every Tesla that comes to the shop, I see pig tails, nibs, solvent pops, fish eyes, and lots of rids + defects. I find the paint to me mid hardness and easy to mar.