Teaser: You thought that Honda was bad...

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by TheRustySuper, Dec 24, 2010.

1. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

EDIT: UPDATED with befores and afters on page 3!

Why do I always get the filthy cars? Here's a few shots of the interior of my friend's Camaro that I will hopefully be doing later next week. She just wants the interior done for now, since its winter and the outside will just get gross again in a few days. I told her I couldn't make any promises on getting all the stains out...but she just wants the car habitable again. She didn't make the mess...this is her dad's old car that he gave to her.

If you have just eaten, are eating, or plan to eat sometime in the near future, stop reading now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll update when I get the car and start working on it. Wish me luck.

Clark

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

that's friggin nasty!!!!! I've been using Zep Citrus 3:1 on carpets.... works so much better then normal carpet cleaners

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Just terrible...

4. TheRustySuper

Is that something that can be bought OTC? I've been using Megs APC, but I've considered a few other things. My mom has always used Spot Shot around the house, it has managed to get blood out of the carpets so I may experiment with that. And Nature's Miracle, I used it at my neighbor's...I'm watching her cats and of course one of them vomited on the carpet. It worked really well.

5. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

Zep is a home depot thing, OTC for sure.

Almost anything works good if the stain just happened, it's the stains that sit for years that don't come out.

Most of the interiors I do are on par with what you have there, they have come out decent and only a few really bad stains remained. Hot water does wonders for old caked up dirt.

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

how do people let thier cars get to this point?

7. cnut

cnut Guest

You have your work cutout for you! A little elbow grease along with the right products should turn that around nicely though.

8. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Not only that but they sit in it day in and day out. Makes me sick just looking at it.

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

now this is a true defenition of SICK! And when it's detailed, it's healthy!

10. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i hope she's a GOOD friend

11. Kilo6_one

I think they just feel that "oh i can get someone to clean it up, not my problem" I have two kids, my car is immaculate. There is no excuse other then being a sloth. Can you imagine their homes?

OP: I hope you are charging accordingly...........

12. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

a carpet extractor/Bis little Green or a steamer and tons of towel will definitely help you out a lot in this case.

13. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

wow..is it a v6 or a Z28?Hope your getting payment or something cause thats gonna need a ton of elbow grease...When i bought my 99 forestera a few months ago it was basically that bad...i spent 2 hours vacumming then i went over to my buddies place to have him extract the carpets and seats. Still took a few hours at his place to get it cleaned but i feel much better driving it daily. People are shocked how clean i keep the inside of that car. Its dented in a few spots has been keyed on the 1 side and has 143k miles but the inside is cleaner then there cars.

14. TheRustySuper

To answer a few questions...

haha yeah she's a good friend, and she's paying me as well. No way I'd be thick enough to do this for free. And I like a challenge, especially one that I think I can turn around and make look nice. And since I'm doing this for someone at school, they can spread the word around and maybe I'll get more business.

I think it's a V6, but I'm not entirely sure. A little more on the car itself, it has a ton of miles on it and she says she has no memory of her dad ever cleaning it...ever. He just didn't care. And she doesn't even want to touch it, she hated riding with him in it because of the filth. She just got her license, and the first thing she's doing is having me detail it.

I don't have an extractor or anything so I'll be removing all stains by hand, any tips/suggestions on doing that? I wish it wasn't winter so I could use a hose and all and just soak and scrub the floormats and let them dry but that won't happen unfortunately.

15. pecka13

pecka13 Birth of a Detailer

im actually pretty hungry after those pics :)

16. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

You could try the washer and dryer on very gentle settings.

17. TheRustySuper

haha, my mother saw the pictures and said there was no way those were going anywhere near her washer. Not like I really blame her. I'm just gonna advise my friend to buy some new mats, rubber this time.

18. Kilo6_one

I have had great results with Folex. Its cheap, 17.00 a gallon at any hardware store.

19. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Is that a subaru that i spy in your avatar? Your car? Nice if it is.

That interior looks gross but with a little elbow grease as stated it will come out rather nice.

If you had access to a nice steamer or a hot water extractor that would cut your time in half but i personally do things the hard way and just tackle it with brushes and product.

Looking forward to the out come.

20. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

imagine what there house look like