Target Vroom Drying Towel

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Reflect, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I just got back from a trip to Target, and being as I've seen these mentioned before, I decided to pick up the Vroom Drying Towel. The edges seem soft and the overall quality seems pretty decent. The best part is they were marked down to 5 bucks a piece, I picked up 4 of them (wiped them out). I believe the size is somewhere around 25x40, which is pretty decent. They seem really soft. I'd at least go out and see at the store if you'd want them, I'm not sure if the sale is nation wide. Yea, I'm drunk. Give me a break. LOL. :drinking2:

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

haha nice :headbang:. i'll have to pick up some next time im near a target. thanks for the heads up. i was just thinking today how i should pick up a couple more drying towels.

3. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I have 4 myself. They work excellently for me :D

4. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

They have various sizes on reduced prices and by quantity per pack or bundle.

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

They had a lot of stuff on sale, some of it was crap we wouldn't be caught dead using but some microfibers seemed decent enough for doorjambs and interiors. The drying towels I got were sold individually. A lot of the stuff I saw was for Turtle Wax Ice line. I was praying for Clay Magic, but they don't carry it. I'm excited to use the towels. How pathetic my life has become. LOL.

6. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

What is a decent price for Clay Magic? I found a couple boxes of the stuff at a local carquest and the guys said they'd been sitting on the shelf since they got them and nobody had ever been as interested in them as me, they said 35.00 a box from 45.00, good deal? And yea, have to check out these towels at target, i need more drying towels, Dont buy one of the super thick ones form griots, that thing sucks @$$

7. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

I got a 200g CM blue bar off of ebay for $28ish, heres the link.

eBay Motors: Detailing Clay (item 140272671401 end time Mar-02-09 18:13:50 PST)

8. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Picked up my second yesterday as I was down there. They also had a brake dust brush and wheel brush for $3.84 each. Pretty good deal! Similar to the ones listed on Autogeek that are made by Laitner I believe? These towels are pretty good, best towel i've owned, but i haven't owned any good ones. I have one dedicated for ONR washes.

9. heatgain

heatgain Guest

I don't know if it's the same Clay Magic package, but I've seen it at Autozone for 11.99. A couple of months ago it was 10.99.
    PS. Everything I ever bought at a CarQuest (Duragloss stuff) was older than me, and I'm old.

10. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

^ I've had one similar experience. I have a bottle of 111 from carquest that is over 20 years old. I called DG to find out the age, and he said the youngest it was was 20 years. It could very well be older than that! But the guys at carquest just gave it to me, so I'm not out any $$. Kinda cool collector's item though.

11. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

Gotta say thanks for the pointer to CarQuest. They're few and far between around here and not one of my regular stops. I was all set to order some DG AquaWax online at $10.99 plus shipping but picked it up at CQ for $8.50 Had no idea DG stuff was available over the counter.

They also had a nice selection of Megs Professional products as well as 3M and tons of cheap sprayers and Yorker bottles. Gonna be one of my regular stops from now on.

TL

12. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

yea they definitely have some cool stuff at carquest, the one in my town is like hidden in a back alley in this old part of town, kinda stumbled upon it when i was out cruising around one day, I was really impressed cuz they had the clay magic, tons of Megs stuff, Duragloss, and most important to me, RedLine Shockproof Gear Oil, which i had been looking for forever but was to lazy to order online.

13. ghost28

ghost28 Birth of a Detailer

target has a sale on alot of Vroom towels right now......i just picked up a 12 pack of orange all purpose towels for $5.86 and 4x four packs of grey vrooms for $4.62 each.......

14. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

Target sure varies from store to store. I was down their today looking for the larger MF drying towels.... not a one. Saw the orange ones for full price, around 10 bucks IIRC, The 4-packs of gray ones were $3.86 here. Not bad MF.... woulda picked some up but I've got MF coming out my ears after the Holiday sales everywhere.

TL

15. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

This is not a good deal on Clay Magic. Several local auto body supply vendors offer the same price; 200 grams at $35. You can purchase a 200 gram bar of Clay Magic's mild or aggressive clay for $19.95 through multiple internet vendors.

Here is a link to such vendor:

detailnet.com

However, I suggest ordering Bilt Hamber Autoclay via Ben's (Rubbish Boy) online store; it is a great product, costs approximately $15 per 200 grams, and is fairly inexpensive to ship.

16. 68Stang

68Stang Birth of a Detailer

Lol, now that's ''vintage''. Maybe it ages like a fine wine or a nice whiskey? :drinking2::giggle:

17. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

I used the blue clay from clay magic and I'm kinda disappointed as the clay will sometimes mar the paint. I actually like the Meguiar's Consumer clay which is inexpensive and doesn't mar at all. Gonna be trying rubbish boy's clay soon when funds are up.