1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Ok guys... whats the deal with american tar removers sucking!!!???

I know Nica has the bomb stuff, but very costly. Has anyone used anything as effective as Tardis appears to be???

Autoglym Tar Remover
    TOL Tar Remover
    Tar Remover | Tree Sap Remover & Asphalt Remover

Anyone have anything else they can suggest? I have tried Tarminator and it takes TOOOOOOOOOOOOO long

2. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

What I have heard about the Autoglym Tar remover is quite as good as Tardis.

3. Rubbish Boy

Rubbish Boy DB Certified Dealer

Heres some that you be able to get hold of in the US.
    Mark V Professional Detailing Systems

The qwik solv is as good as tardis, haven't tried the citrus solv myself but it also supposed to be very good.

Here's qwik solv in use.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Ben I knew you wouldn't let a brother down!!! Thanks, I just emailed them for pricing!

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I have also used Chemical guys grime reaper, strong product! Even remove glue.

6. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Tarminator works in under 30 seconds. ?? *boggle*

3M Adhesive remover (in a metal tin) works quicker if you so desire.

7. iblingit

iblingit Virgin Detailer

Try CG Grime Reaper. That stuff will tear thru tar fast.

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I've tried reaper and its good... But if mark V is on tardis level and its local, I think thas my choice!!

9. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Tarminator has always worked well for me.

10. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

CG Bug Bugger and Tar Remover 8oz to a gallon in a pesticide sprayer has not let me down yet.

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover works very well and is SAFE for skin and paint. You could pour it onto your paint and nothing will happen.

12. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

If you figure the tardis at $40 a gallion that should last a long time and it cheaper than multiple bottles of tarminator at $8 each.

13. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Really you don't care for Traminator? I think it works pretty fast.

Has anyone tried Poorboys Bug Squash? It claims to remove bugs and tar.

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I haven't used it myself but I've read that other users were quite pleased with this product. I'm sure it's at least worth a shot.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Before Tardis all I used was Tarminator, it does work and it does a good job the only draw back is that for really old, stubborn tar it takes a long time to work it's magic, not only that but I find I have to use lots of it to remove old, stubborn peaces of tar.

I've been fooling around with Tardis and I'm very pleased with it, removes glue very quickly...only draw back it's not so good to get it on your skin and you have to be on a well ventilated area. As far as price goes yea not the cheapest product but I'm a firm believer you get what you pay for...but that's just me :shrug:

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

So how does Tardis compare to Tarminator Carlos? Is it really worth the extra cash for Tardis?

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Well this is just my opinion but for me Tardis dosen't even compare to Tarminator, it removes Tar really fast, I sprayed Tardis on the surface, made my way around the vehicle by the time I made it back to where I started all I had to do is wipe off the tar off and I was done. Tardis works really fast, but the vehicle I used it on didn't have stuborn tar spots but they werent fresh either.

So far I'm very pleased with Tardis....but like I said just my opinion.

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, sure it's just your opinion but your opinion matters! I'll still give Tardis a shot but I don't think I'd find myself buying it on a regular basis since it will very likely be very costly over time.

19. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

Hi-Temp tar remover is a great product and is reasonably priced.

Tar & Wax Remover

20. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Oh I love this stuff and it is the bomb diggity. I dilute it 4:1 in a Solo 418 sprayer and it works phenomenally!! I'm like you MWAUTOPRO it has never let me down.

I've used Poorboys Bug Squash and its good for normal cleaning but it only did so so on really old bad stuff.

Wouldn't mind checking out the Autoglym stuff.