Tar or Staining on White Paint Behind Front Wheels

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Kevin516718, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Kevin516718

Kevin516718 New Member

Hello All,
    I'm new to the forum. There is something bugging me about my Audi Q5 White. It's about 5 years old and there are some spots on the lower part of the driver and passenger door panel. I can't tell what they are but they are dark and when I remove a piece using my fingernail, it comes off but leaves like a brown stain that looks like rust still on the paint. I was curious what you all thought it could be? I also have it on the trunk lid right under the rear windshield. I've briefly tried goof off, wd-40, and the goof off may have worked a little bit. Hoping to find some answers!

Thanks!
    Kevin

2. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

3 solutions tar and glue remover more specifically stoners tarminator on a microfiber cloth. Clay bar or clay bar alternative. Or a fallout/rail dust remover like Iron X or auto finesse iron out. GL with your car.

3. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

3 solutions tar and glue remover more specifically stoners tarminator on a microfiber cloth. Clay bar or clay bar alternative. Or a fallout/rail dust remover like Iron X or auto finesse iron out. GL with your car.

4. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Try Car Pro Tar X.

5. A-Monti

A-Monti New Member

I see this post is a few years old, but I still feel the need to post my input on this.
    My go-to for bug & tar removal... go into your kitchen, grab the peanut butter (creamy) rub some onto a microfiber cloth, and rub the peanut butter in circular motions over every bug, tar, etc. Let the peanut butter sit for a few minutes, (I let sit for 10-15 mins). Grab a cloth to wipe the peanut butter, and foreign debris right off! Wash area with a soapy cloth/sponge, rinse & done!!!
    *May also use, linseed oil*

Another idea a friend told me about, is to use a damp dryer sheet. Rub the damp dryer sheet over bugs, tar, etc. Some spots may need a little more pressure than others. Wash area with a soapy sponge/cloth & rinse!!
    This works wonderfully as well!

*Try a clay bar for stains, they work very well, when used properly!*

#5 A-Monti, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017