Taping Carlos Style

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Nica, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I've finaly managed to get these two videos up. These videos are meant to show how I tape vehicles emblems, the tape I use is the 3M Green tape and it works very well.

Some detailers tape vehicles off some don't, it comes down to personal preference. I personaly enjoy taping the vehicle off for three reasons, one and most important to me is to protect edges and second to protect emblems and lastly the clean up is faster.

Now taping does take time but with practice you'll be able to tape an entire vehicle in mere minutes. The more you practice the better you get.

The last thing to note is that it's important to know what parts to tape off, you don't need to tape the entire vehicle just some parts, I'll post more videos of what and how I tape of and why but hope these two videos help.

Well here you go Part 1:
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/downloads/desktops/Taping Part 1.wmv

Part 2:
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/downloads/desktops/Taping Part 2.wmv

Hope you find the videos helpfull and feel free to ask question, I welcome questions :peace:

2. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Thanks for the vid Carlos!

3. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Very nice nica i strongly sugest you make training part of your detailing services if you havnt alrdy hehehe.

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks again Carlos, I updated the other thread as well.

5. bjoern5878

bjoern5878 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks alot for taking the time making the videos!

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad the videos are helpfull, sorry for the way they load up (slow) but hopefully you'll find the videos worth the long down load time :peace:

I try but you know what my problem is that I can keep on :bla2: :bla2: :bla2: when it comes to detailing, customer love it but I think I overwell them some times...I mean I go over with them how to wash it, how to dry it, where the tough spots were on the vehicles, what I did to remove the imperfections tips for maintainig it..and on..and on...and on..lol. Every time I deliver a vehicle the owner and I spend at least 30 to an hour chating about the vehicle and any questions the customer may have...I enjoy the delivery stage :thumb:

Thank you for the help Denzil :chest:

7. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Great movies Carlos I am going to try your method out because mine sucks. Thanks again Carlos!!!

8. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

When I saw the title of this thread I really didn't think much of it. But I found it really helpful. I'm one of those people that usually doesn't tape cars. But I'm wanting to start doing it. And this really helps, thanks NICA...

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you found the the video helpfull, taping is an area that gets over looked but onse you get the hang of it it saves alot of time, I find it worth wile to tape but that's just me :peace:

Thank you for the feed back :peace:

10. FMJ

FMJ Any Rag Vehicle Washer

nice, thanks for the video, whats the difference btw the 3m green tape and the blue tape?

I have only seen people using the blue tape to cover up the hood for long drive to car shows.

11. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Wow! I never realized there could be so much more to taping. Awesome techniques Carlos! Thanks for making the videos.:applause:

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed the video. As for blue tape compared to green, I used to use the blue tape but found that it would leave sticky residue on the paint which was a pain to remove. I haven't had any issues with the green tape, well so far no issues.

You know I used to think taping the veicle was a waist of time and it wasen't required but after the first vehicle I taped up and the amount of time it saves from cleaning polish residue I'm a firm beleaver that taping a vehicle saves time in the long run...but then again that's just me :shrug:

Glad you enjoyed the video :thumb:

13. Wendell inc.

Wendell inc. Birth of a Detailer

looks great carlos! Its the random things like this that make a forum neat!

What Video Camera are you using? Its really good quality!

14. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

Carlos, you should just make a bunch of videos detailing and sell it as a DVD!

15. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

Really enjoyed watching those. Thanks.

16. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Just picked up some of that exact tape from Walmart, it does a great job and leaves absolutely no residue.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Wendell inc, glad you enjoyed the videos.

As for the camera, I'm currently using the Cannon G10. Has great quality and I'm happy with it...but the more videos I make the more I wish I would have gone with the pro camera that Sony produces...mmm..:thinking: maybe the next purhcase :shrug: not sure just yet though.

hmmm..:thinking:...I've been playing around with the idea but it takes a great amount of work to produce a good quality DVD but I still have the idea in the back of my mind, if all goes well I'll complete the DVD..just not sure when.

Glad you enjoyed it Jimmie :peace:

Nice :headbang: glad you enjoyed the tape as much as I, it's a great tape I'm very pleased with it.

18. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

you make it seem so much easier, I have a hard time with the infiniti emblem!

19. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice post. gotta check out the videos when I get home.

20. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Wow great taping methods. I love the cleanliness of them too! Thanks very much!