1. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

what type of tape do you guys use? I use the 3M painter tape like everyone else, but I am looing for a thiline tape to cover door seems, and hood seems, places where wide tape covers too much...

anyone know where to find this?

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I use the blue 3m tape.

How thin are you looking for? I find tape of all widths at just about any large hardware store (lowes / home depot / ace / true value etc)

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I got a role of the 3M green tape and it works good, but I've been using the blue tape for quite some time and it's worked out great. I use two sizes, one is the wider size (I think, dont quote me on this it's the 2inch size) and the other is about a 1inch size...I'll have to double check the size but they have both been working out great.

The 3M green tape is nice oh and they actually have it in smaller witdh size as well...I'll take a picture of the blue tapes I use on a regular basis taht way you guys can see the size difference.

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

you can get the blue or green tape down to a 1/2 wide....I get the green tape at a body shop supply and I get 1/2 wide for some spots I need a thinner tape....

if you use alot of tape..its best to buy in bulk packs..its alot cheaper than a single roll buy....

AL

5. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

man you guys are way helpful! I'm already starting to love this place more than the forums I left....

6. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I have both 3m tape and green painters taper. at 8 bucks a toll for 3m i cant always justify it.

I have been able to find all diffrent sizes of green painters tape. I think i have 3 or4.. and i belive you can get the really skinny stugg.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Great feedback on the tape here. I'm starting to use it less and less the better I get with the PC, but I still always do the doors with regular blue tape.

8. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

My fav is also the 3M blue tape :D

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh good you confirmed the sizes I have with me Al. The 1/2 wide works really well and even though I'm enjoying the 2 wide tape I still keep a few roles of the 1/2 side to use. Oh and you are absolutely right about bying in bulk, I purchased a case of each (1/2 and 2 wide) and it was quite cheap...I always use tape so I know I'll use it up...well that and you guys know me and detailing supplyes :duh:

ampbmw - glad to hear your enjoying the forum buddy, the forum's success is based on it's members and I'm happy to say that there are very classy memebers here :thumb:

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I switched to the green and have three different sizes of it. I feel it works better than the blue. Plus the green tape also designed to be used with water. The paint shop I wet sand and polish their custom paint jobs at pulled the tape apart and there is a very thin layer of plastic in it.