Switch to different pads

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Supertuner, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

So I was thinking of getting some more pads. I currently have lc ccs 6.5 pads and was wondering if I should stick with that or move down to 5.5 since I have heard you get better results with the 5.5 pads. I am looking at the uber or b&s pads. should I swith to different padsor stick with the same size. I was also going to pick up some 4" pads for headlights and tighter areas. What color pads should I be looking at with the uber + b+s pads, I havent tried them. Also will probably be picking up a pack of the megs microfiber cutiing pads to try out as well. so what do you guys think. Oh, I use a pcxp.

2. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Yes - definitely go down to 5.5"...I like how 5.5 offers manageable coverage.

I like Uber on the basis of supporting Phil and purchasing through DetailersDomain. I really don't think pad brand makes much difference though.

Most people will probably recommend white (or blue), green and orange as a good selection to have on hand.

3. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Just don't get the uber or B&S orange pads expecting them to be like the LC orange pads. I got a few of both and the LC ones are much softer and nicer to work with 100%.

If I were to get any more B&S pads I'd only buy the green polishing, yellow cutting, and the black and blue for wax and finishing work.

Not a fan of their white or orange pads because they are soooooo stiff.

4. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

5.5 for sure. As for pad choice the Uber, B&S and LC are all great. One thing I have noticed about the B&S is they tend to not last as long as the LC. After two washes I had a green B&S pad fall apart and all I did was clean it by hand with APC and water...

5. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

Are the B&S yellow very stiff too?
    I have both LC and B&S pads, my most trusted pad I like to use is the B&S teal, love that pad!

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

All I use is B&S yellow, green and black in 5.5".

7. Kaban

hAS ANYONE TRIED THE WHITE 4" b&s "SUPER finishing" pads? Supposedly these are even softer then the black. Just wondering.

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Just got one in to try.

9. Kaban

I'd love to hear what you think about it ken. I was polishing out the b pillars on my brother's car and the paint on it is gloss black with no clearcoat. The softest 4" pad I had was a green b&s and it was just way too aggressive for that paint (Lexus 202). I got the results I wanted using a black LC 6.5" pad, but for the future I want to have smaller finishing pads for these type of areas and was wondering if I should order black or white 4" b&s pads next time.

10. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

Those( the B&S ultra finishing white) are the same foam as the "Cyclo" finishing "heads" that everyone used to talk about. They are pretty good, nice and soft - sorta comparable to LC Gold foam. I tend to use pads that don't give soooo much under pressure. Personal preference I tend to like a little bit of a firmness.

11. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

The Uber blue is supposed to be close to the LC black and the Uber Black is supposed to be close to the LC blue/red. The B&S white is ultra soft and I use it for sealants by hand.

12. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

I find the B&S yellow are less stiff than B&S orange surprisingly. Personally I don't find the yellow B&S pad to last very long though. They seem to degrade so much faster than LC pads.