Swissvax wax.

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Juvstad, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Juvstad

Juvstad Virgin Detailer

Hey. I see a lot of people apply two layers of wax at the end of the treatment. Is there any point of doing this? Won't the second layer just vanish after some weeks?

2. minorc

minorc Two Bucket System Washer

What do you mean by vanish? The elements with take it's toll on any wax application you put on a vehicle.
    Two layers of wax will ensure 100% coverage and it doesn't hurt to add some extra protection.

3. Juvstad

Juvstad Virgin Detailer

Yeah I know. Buy lets say I apply 1 layer of SV concorso, and after 12 hours I apply SV Endurance. The second layer (endurance) won't last a year when applied on top of a different wax?

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

The solvents will eat through the last layer. Layering only really guarantees full coverage, its not like laying a board on top of another one per say, it does not make it thicker. What alot of us do is lay down sealant first then top it with the wax, coverage is more absolute. But two layers of wax will do the same thing basically.

And I dont know about it lasting a year, maybe on a garage kept garage qeen.