Swissvax Waschpudel for $5 at Pep Boys??

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by froboy272, Jun 25, 2011.

1. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Sure looks like it.

[​IMG]

This thing was SOFT. They sell a lot of "Microfiber" accessories there and you can just feel that it would scratch any paint you used it on due to the poor quality. This wash pad though was a different story. I was there with a friend who needed wiper blades and of course had to look at their "detailing" section. If I had my wallet on me i would have grabbed 2 to try them out. To me they appear to be the same size as the swissvax and this was amazingly soft to the touch.

[​IMG]

2. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

just wait till you experience the shrinking inner foam lol

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

yeah, you get what you pay for...

4. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

even the swissvax one have a problem with shrinking inner foam when wet
    overall wouldnt get this kinda wash median

5. calypso

calypso Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wont be the first time that something like this has happed. Megs wheel brush with its $3 twin.
    [​IMG]

6. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Where is this? I'd like to pick both of them up!

7. I VIK I

I VIK I Two Bucket System Washer

I haven't been to pepboys in a while! But if many of pepboys stores carry that brush I'll be there!

8. calypso

calypso Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This is in South Africa. As far as I know the stores stopped stocking the Meguiars one some time ago. An absolute rip at $20.
    But on the Motoquip one, if you look closely, you can see the Megs logo has actually been shaved off the handle.

9. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

That SV was not what Id expect anyway. i used it once. I like the mitts from Phil.