Swissvax or Auto Finesse

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by aray, Aug 27, 2012.

1. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

I'm considering a higher end carnuba...looking at:

- Swissvax Concorso
    - Swissvax Mirage
    - AF Desire

Thisis for personal use on 3 BMW (Estoril blue, Silver, Black Sapphire metallic) and one Porsche (jet black). Cars are garage kept, don't mind waxing monthly. I do live in Central FL with temperature and humidity extremes. Been playing with the lower end Carnubas for a while, want to see for myself what the difference is on the higher end.

Any recommendation?

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

There really isn't a best wax, only opinion. Maybe see if someone here will sell you a small sample of each of the ones you are interested so you can try before you buy.

3. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I have tried the swissvax Mirage on a couple of occasions and it does work real well and the fragrance is nice, and recently tried Auto Finesse "Mint wheel wax" and I really liked it so I am going to try some of thier carnauba's from Martin and see how it goes.

4. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

Yes, this is understood. I also realize these are all great waxes, just hoping to collect some opinions from folks who might have used both. I was headed the Concorso route, but Autofinesse at almost half the price is very tempting.

5. yamabob

yamabob Two Bucket System Washer

I haven't used any AF products (yet) so my opinion is a little skewed. I have both the the Mirage and the Concorso.I think the Mirage is easier to apply/remove. However the look of the Concorso ( again to me) is far and away superior- at least at the three week mark.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have Mirage and have to say I'd go for Concorso instead. I don't own Concorso but do own Insignis v1 and v2 and the Mirage is not as easy to apply as the Insignis.

7. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

I have no experience with Swissvax. I have used Auto Finesse Passion which is down the line a couple spots from Desire. Application and removal on a freshly prepared vehicle was a breeze. The smell is appealing, beads and sheets water like crazy, and lasts. My vehicles are garage kept and the wax will last way longer that 1 month. The last time I applied Passion was in the spring, I've done several maintenance washes using Lather, Adams wash, or Optimum wash and Citrus for the bugs. The finish is still going strong.

Martin will be able to tell you more about the longevity of Desire.

Here is Auto Finesse Passion beading,

[​IMG]
    DSC_1108 by J M Gale, on Flickr

Heres a short video of Passion in action after ~ 1 month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d7ZcC-M4a4

[video=youtube;7d7ZcC-M4a4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d7ZcC-M4a4[/video]

8. Perfections

Perfections Birth of a Detailer

Here's the answer...AF spirit. Talk to Martin he's used all the waxes you mentioned and now sells AF and is outstanding to deal with.

9. Dr Oldz

Dr Oldz Birth of a Detailer

I would personally pick AF Spirit over Desire. Concorso is also another great wax IMO. You really can't go wrong with any of your selections!

10. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

Hey guys, I really appreciate all the feedback.

I think in the end I'll probably buy one of each, there are just so many opinions out there I probably just need to try myself. I think the case is when you get to a level where all the products are really excellent, it's all in the eye of the beholder. I can't find a single person complaining about any wax I was considering.

I decided to grab the AF Desire first while Martin is running this sale. I'll get some Concorso after I ebay some junk, or worst case Christmas. :)

Thanks again.

11. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Zymol Glasur?

I'm a whore.

12. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

I have a pot of Mirage on the way. So I'll tell you how it is :D

13. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

Aren't we all.

Cool. I'll attempt to do a review of Desire, but given I have 1/1000th of the experience of most of the people who responded on this thread, it may be lacking in detail. :)

14. flipm3

flipm3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Congrats on getting AF Desire. You're going to love it! For me, paint curing was best around 4-6 minutes. Others have done well with near 10 minutes, but I found it challenging to remove.

Check out the reflection on my Jet Black E46 M3!

[​IMG]

15. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks for the order ;)

You will enjoy Desire without question! Thanks for the nice comments guys!