Swissvax Mystery question.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by awdxtc, Dec 22, 2011.

1. awdxtc

awdxtc Birth of a Detailer

In the never ending quest for the perfect wax I have been thinking of trying something from swissvax. The mystery caught my eye. My question is, is it really worth the money? How much better can it be than say sovereign or the similar?

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Mystery is great but I believe you can get some great results from Concorso.

3. awdxtc

Thanks phil, I am just trying to figure out why it is so expensive...is the swissvax stuff really that good? Also on their website it says to use their cleaner to make sure it bonds to the paint. Does this mean that swissvax is not good for putting on top of a sealant like powerlock?

4. frankiman

frankiman Birth of a Detailer

No you don't need to buy swissvax cleaner you could use any paint cleaner.

This has been answered a million times. A wax will NEVER be worth 40x better than any other 20$ wax. so if you want the best bang for the buck, forget it.

However, if you want to treat yourself, then yeah for sure these expensive waxes are worth it. but for sure they are not worth 40x time more ( 40x20 = 800$). You will rarely see someone willing to sample Swissvax wax because they don't come with refill but I'm giving anyone the chance to sample some Mystery or even crystal rock.

I can do detail for 400$ so 2 jobs and I paid my jar of mystery, it can pay-back fast let me tell you.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

^^^ well put, from a actual user.

Its all about perception of value, if you see value in it then it is by all means worth it.

A steak is a steak, until you eat Kobe beef LOL

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Now I'm hungry. Thanks.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Detailing is a funny thing. We have waxes that cost thousands of dollars that will look no better than Turtle Wax on the average car but polish the crap out of that car and for the most part, Turtle Wax will just as good as most waxes! LOL The more you prep the paint, the less the finished look will be affected by your choice of LSP. Instead of spending $800 on wax, spend a few hundred on a polisher and pads first. Having said that, I applied some of my Vintage to a perfectly polished black Porsche 911 I did and was blown away by how much it added. Or was it just what I WANTED it to add? Hmmmmmm.......

8. frankiman

frankiman Birth of a Detailer

I agree with the above statement but sometime you buy these jar to feel special when you apply them with your barehand or even on a pad.. I don't know for you, but applying a coat of fuzion never gave me a buzz.. but when I apply mystery or crystal rock it feel special aha!

...And you get the braggin right that comes with it too.. money shot anyone?

9. detailersdomain

beading shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. detailersdomain

11. detailersdomain

12. awdxtc

Thank you for those pics. It does seem to have both a bright high gloss and yet a warm glow to it.

13. detailersdomain

swissvax mystery on an RS4
    [​IMG]

14. detailersdomain

Z06 with Mystery
    [​IMG]

Beading
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. detailersdomain