1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

So i ordered the master collection from swssvax, in it came some mf clothes in a bag.

I was wondering if these are one time uses towels, or if can wash them and try them again.

I looked it up and they are over 10 bucks a peice to buy them on there own, im just wondering if its 10 bucks for one use or for multiple use.

Thanks for the info

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

They have to be able to be washed and used again and again :) The bag is just a nice touch I'm assuming, and it's a nice place to store the towel.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I was under the impresion that these MF towels could be re-used multiple times...I could be wrong though.

I'm very curious about these towels though as I've read nothing but good things about them.

4. Calgarydetail

thanks guys, i assumed they could be used again as well, i just dont want to open them and find out i cant....

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

How are those towels Calgary?

6. Calgarydetail

havent tried them yet, im actully getting everything toghter to go do this detail, i should know in 3 or 4 hours :buffer:

7. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Hope you report back soon :)

8. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

was this the A6 you were telling me about?

9. Calgarydetail

yeah it sure is.

I opened the mf then closed it, never got a chance to use it. Im going to have to wait till sunday to try it

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh yes I forgot to aske you about these when I came over to see you....mmmm...I hope you get to use them on Sunday but remember these towels are special and should be treated that way...well at least I think they are special.

11. Calgarydetail

well i got to use the towels today, i was no impressed.

The blue towel, which is the "polishing towel" used for buffing was liek a peice of paper, it was hard and thin, almost like they had compacted it. It did not hurt the paint but it also had no knap so it would not pic of the duragloss that was on the paint, I needed to use the quick detailer to do this. In the end it just lead to a wep mf cloth.

as for the yellow, or cleaning towel, it was a little softer, has some knap but I was still not impressed, to me it seemed like a cheap mf. I ended up using it on the glass, which worked well. i liked it there, but I would not recomend buying them

They are each over 10 bucks, IMO they are not worth that much, sorry carlos, there not special :(

12. Nica

Nica Banned

oh...mmm...that's disapointing, but good that you are sharing your experiance with the towels becuase I was going to order them in...I still l ike the ones you used on Friday, I like the Swissvax logo on the towels.

Thanks for sharing buddy.

Oh by the way, where are the pictures of the Audi and the one you did today? :acry2:

13. Calgarydetail

there comming, im at my parents house so i dont have my camera connector, so no pics till later.

and the other towel, the terry cloth ones are great, I really like them. and i tried them on the paint today, they worked really well. I know its old school, and its not somthing I am going to do but if im in a crunch I could use them for buffing.

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks for the review, man that's too bad they weren't all that great :(.

15. kogenx

kogenx Birth of a Detailer

Erm i know this post is kinda old but ...
    Pre-washing the towels before use might help.
    Just like body towels. They tend to be more fluffy and absorbant after wash.
    just my:2cents:

I might be wrong but its worth a shot. ^_^

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I love the yellow mf for removing swissvax waxes!

17. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I want some of these towels just to have...

Where is Phil when u need him?

18. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Phil...can you get these SV towels (red & black) seperate from the collections? If so how much $$$?

19. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

any other input on the towels? are they better after being washed, or do they still feel cheap and with little to no knap?

20. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

ok i had a strange scenario happen i got some of these towel from matrix based on the fact i had them from the master set from phil and these ones from matrix were old.. like old..though in the same packaging and had the SV tag on them they felt super hard compared to the soft ones from phil..i really love the blue polishing towel and the yellow mf..the yellow one worked great on the backs of wheels..it really soaks up p21s gel and turns it into foam nicely..the newer reddish towel is a super absorbent also. i think maybe they had a bad rap over the older style which was super hard..these are so baby soft and they really grab and remove smears and light oily residue fast. but they can bunch up easily if you slop on cleaner fluid or hd cleanse but when applied in thin apps you should love these bad boys.. there are certain area's where they come in handy.interior use like wood trim and the dash..i keep one of these and two other mf's under my seat at all times..they all serve a purpose.. really all three are good for under the seat they all serve a certain purpose and are small.