Swissvax Finesse?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by jlt23, Feb 28, 2010.

1. jlt23

jlt23 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thinking about giving it a try. Anyone try this? What do you think of it as in looks and durability?

Thanks

2. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

I have not used Finesse myself, however I have never not liked a SV product. Onyx is my favorite wax under $300 from them.

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Its a great product. Do you have a Lexus or Infiniti, its was developed for those in mind.

4. jlt23

jlt23 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have a Ultra Sonic Blue Lexus ISF. I've been eyeballing it, along with some other items from your site Phil.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

it would be good or Concorso.

6. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

I've been using Finesse for a while now on my Toyota with fantastic results. This wax tends to gravitate towards the shine side rather then a deep natural glow say from concorso or any of the.higher end sv's.

I have found that when paired with a QD such as OID, it produces a brilliant luster that borders the look of a sealant. Two coats seems to be the magic.number w
    ith this one as beading and sheeting capabilities are very impressive. Durability is pretty good even with daily QD's and weekend washes, I still managed a solid couple of months in our warm tropical climate.

Overall its a very good middle of the road if you don't wanna front the cash for any of the higher ones just yet. I liked it so much i picked up two at one point. :thumb:

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Two coats seems to be the magic number for SV wax's and most all wax's I have used.

I am surprised you dong get OID haze with it being warm and humid there (I assume it is?). When I use it I always get a haze I have to wipe off after QDing the whole car.