Swissvax Cleaner Fluid

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by jsatek, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jsatek

jsatek Birth of a Detailer

Can someone tell me what cleaner fluid is and does? I think its a glaze.

Official/Non-official input please....

2. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

not too sure how you would classify it, but I know when I first used it, it left the finish extremly shiny.

from dd

This paint preserving solution will nourish the paint with its heavy polishing oils. The product does not contain abrasives. Swirl marks, light scratches, tar, tree sap and old wax are completely removed. Cleaner Fluid stops short of the underlying paint layer without scratching it.

3. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

How is the cleaner fluid applied?

I'm planning an order for some.

4. LanceM

i applied with an applicator pad and buffed off with a mf.

But, i heard its easier with a machine and a finishing pad.

5. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Thanks.

6. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

at the price, i wouldnt apply by machine. i find using a machine needs more product, especially when the product is as liquidy as CF

7. SpoiledMan

SpoiledMan Birth of a Detailer

IME a machine will spread a product further than you can by hand.

8. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Really? maybe ill have to try it again, but usually i find that the pad just eats soo much of the product

9. SpoiledMan

Initially it does but over the long run the machine uses less.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

You bring up interesting points about applying via machine SpoiledMan...I've never applied any products via machine...:thinking: maybe I should give it a try, if anything it should be faster to apply :confused: well I asume.

Thansk for sharing SpoiledMan :peace:

11. SpoiledMan

Anytime!:)

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Put it on the paint, not on the pad and you'll use a lot less.

13. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

stuff is awesome.

apply via PC or rotary on speed 1

black CCS pad:)

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

This is a technique that I remember MotorCity told me. Soak the polishing pad (the one you're using on a machine) in water, wring it out. Put it on the backing plate. Get a bucket (should be empty), put the polishing pad inside, and run the machine until you feel no water coming out of it. I just put my hand near the pad n feel for water droplets flinging out. The pad is nice n soft and since there's a bit moisture in there, it won't eat up the product as much as a dry pad.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I agree :thumb:

16. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

good idea. i may have to give that a shot one day.

thanks for that.

17. jsatek

jsatek Birth of a Detailer

So I see we have confirmed that no one knows what the product really is or realyl does?

I see it as a glaze, silicone, oily with slight filling properites.

18. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

matrix_808: No problem, I've had success with that method so far.

jsatek: I would think of it as a bonding agent :afro:

19. wise 85

wise 85 Virgin Detailer

The cleaner fluid technicaly is a 'glaze' type product.It has very little cleaning ability and is designed to prep the paint surface before applying your choice of wax.

The other cleaner fluids,Medium and strong are actually abrasive polishes that are designed to corect paint defects,before using cleaner fluid.

All three cleaner fluids can be applied by hand or machine,although when using Medium and Strong,the best results are obtained when used with a Rotary/DA.

20. LanceM

whoa. never knew you were on here. I posted some of your quotes in another thread.