Swirls & light Scratching

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by mohebmhanna, Mar 16, 2011.

1. mohebmhanna

mohebmhanna Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I got some swirls and light scratching on a dark blue car. What is the best approach and products to use to takcare of these issues. For example:
    1- Wash
    2- Clay
    3- pre wax cleaner (Ps 21 or SV fluid cleaner)
    4- Meg. swirlsX
    5- Polish M205 or Einszett 1z
    6- Wax

Your inputs are appreciated.

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Superfinish......... that is what I prefer to use on minor swirls and scratches, others may have different opinions.

3. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I assume you are using a DA polisher.

I have not used SwirlX but M205 is supposed about the same basic cut so I would just use M205 as needed. If M205 cannot get it, try Meg's Ultimate Compound. Do a test spot and get it right first before charging ahead.

You do not need the pre-wax cleaner if you use SwirlX or M105 since it is redundant. M205 will clean the paint. I do not know what 1z polish you had planned so cannot comment on that.

4. mohebmhanna

Just I would like to say I'm planing to do the treatment by hand no machine polisher. let me know if that is ok with those products (M205 or Menz super finish Po106FA).

5. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

You will definitely not get the same results using those by hand as you would with a machine. But PB's black hole is incredible for hiding swirls/scratches I use it all the time on my car and works great by hand. Can last a long time if you follow up with a sealant after or a few coats of wax.

My usual protection is: PB's black hole - Einszett Glanz - Any Vic wax.

6. mohebmhanna

I would like to ask this and forgave me for being non-expert as all of you, how bad its bad or it's not usefull at all to do the treatment by hand? Or the answer is that these products are must be used with a machine.

Thanks for your help

7. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

It would be a waste of time to try and polish by hand. Most polishes are near impossible to fully break down with hand polishing. Unless you have 40" arms there is no use trying. Those products listed above should be used by a machine. But you can and should use black hole by hand.

8. mohebmhanna

Thanks for your advice and will let you know the result.