sv brushes

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by nyrep1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

hello all, i purchased 2 detail and one wheel brush about 3 months ago. all three have cracked at the top. any idea why this is happening and will the hairs eventually fall out? this is the worst of the three

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i dry them standing up ......the wood end sitting in the slots of a grit guard. they are never left in water

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ya hang them up let them dry. and also dont let them freeze in the winter....

4. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Same thing happened to mine. I have 2 separate cracks at the collar. I rinse them out after use and sit them in the bottom of a dry bucket. There is NO winter here, so cold temperatures are not the issue.

5. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Wrap that bitch tight with some electrical tape and they will be as good as new. I have had mine wrapped now for about 7 months and it still works great.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

Mine did the same thing! the Zymol one I had cracked and the hair started falling out!

7. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Now that did happen with my Zymol one, it was thrown away. These SV ones seem to be held in a little better and taping them in my opinion helped mine out. Nice and tight is the key, about 6 wraps is what I did with mine.

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

+1 on electrical tape. I've done that to mine. I have yet to have one actually fall apart on me.

9. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

is it normal if the hair on the SV starts to fall out first time using?

10. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

good idea imight do that to mine . and the zymol ones i agree suck i had 3 and they all fell apart.. the swissvax ones are so far the best..

11. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

The plastic housing (the red part that cracks) does not hold the hair on the SV brushes. You can remove it entirely, and it will still work fine. It is on there for asthetics, and to help prevent marring. The hairs are actually glued in. I know this because the plastic actually broke off one of my brushes. I taped it up with electrical tape, and still works like a champ.

12. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

I want some SV brushes especially the PNEU brush.

I just got the Envy brushes and they seem quality but will keep the duct tape idea in mind.

Not to go off topic but did anyone see the brand new Zymol Wheel brush ? any thoughts?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Atlas

Atlas Birth of a Detailer

My SV brush looks the same. Works fine.

Thanks for the electrical tape idea.

14. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

They all seem to do that... wrap them in tape...

Or buy the Raceglaze brushes :D

15. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

16. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Mine just completely fell apart this past weekend. The hairs started to fall off in chunks.... :(
    No more sv brush for me.

17. KenB

KenB DB Forum Supporter

18. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Best 30 bucks I have spent and yes I have Swissvax and Zymol brushes that aren't worth sh$t.

19. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

I have SV brushes at my shop, the rep caps are falling apart, but I've used some electrical tape to fix them. I color codded them because each is assigned to specific jobs.

I may try the raceglaze ones in the future.

20. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

RG brushes are great, but even the largest RG brush in the set is still smaller than the SV Detail Brush. People may find the large size of the SV Wheel Brush much more practical. Personally, I just have multiple brushes of each type.

And yes, I 've had the new Zymol Wheel Brush for a while now....had already ordered it before they were shipping it out so I must have been one of the first to receive it. Haven't used it yet though, just sits on my shelf. The bristles are surprisingly firm and the handle is much longer and larger than I had imagined. Overall it's quite heavy considering the actual brushing area is so small.