Surf City Garage

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Obsessive Detail, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I'm going to be carrying Surf City Garage products here in the next month or so. I just want to get to see what products everyone is using and what sizes?

Please list your favorite products and what size you get them in or what size you would like to see them in. Thanks!

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

The glass cleaner is by far the best on the market as far as I am concerned, seeing it in a 2 liter would be great :)

The Road Trip Grime Destroyer would be a nice addition for you as well, i know that AG doesnt carry the 2 liter so i dont order it from them...could be an opportunity for you

Thats all that i have tried from them so i cant comment further, good luck with the future stock!

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

The only product I've tried from them so far is the Beyond Black Tire Pro dressing. Awesome stuff, as it actually finishes dry, so crap doesn't stick to it. Plus, it has a nice natural matte finish that I like better than the super shiny stuff.

Good choice on the SC products. I've heard great things about them!

4. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Definitely get the tire dressing in large quantities, it works extremely well as pektel stated.

The 2 step wax / glaze system doesn't work that well and is very difficult to use. They are like cement to remove no matter how thin you apply.

The QD is quite nice and is similar to FK425 (not sure about the anti-static properties though). Not sure how cost effective this QD would be in gallon sizes to comparable QDs since it is similar to others.

5. Obsessive Detail

From what I understand, the glaze, wax, and sealant have been reformulated since so many people complained about the problem.

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Beyond Steel Wheel Cleaner is one of the best on the market.

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Beyond Steel Wheel Cleaner-2 Liter
    Beyond Black Tire Pro- Non Spray
    Road Trip Grime Destroyer- Spray or 2 Liter
    Pacific Blue Wash and Wax- 2 liter (good maintenance soap, not too strong but very lubricated)

Haven't tried anything else but heard good things about their glass cleaner. I'd talk to Jason if you want the real scoop, he's tried a lot of their products.

8. pektel

Hey Kyle, I took my Beyond Black, and put some in a swissvax mixing bottle. Works awesome for me.

9. Reflect

Hmm, Ill have to try that, I feel like I'm still using too much product. I don't get free bottles though, Kramer. :p:

10. pektel

lol the bottles weren't free. I paid full price for those :D

I spritz on the product, then use that microfiber aplicator (shaped like a small square sponge) you sent me a long time ago to spread it around.

11. Reflect

Yeah thats a CG applicator. I use them mainly for putting stuff on wheels.

12. Obsessive Detail

Here is what I got so far:

Road Grime Destroyer 24 oz. and 2 Liter
    Glass Cleaner 24 oz. and 2 Liter
    Beyond Black Tire Shine 24 oz and 2 Liter
    Steel Wheel Cleaner 24 oz and 2 Liter
    Speed Demon Detailer Wax Detailer 24 oz and2 Liter
    Hot Rod Detailer 24 oz and 2 Liter
    Dash Away Interior Detailer 24 oz

I'm trying to decide if I want to carry 8 oz. or 16 oz. in the Barrier Reef Wax and Nano Seal Coat. Any opinions with this?

13. Reflect

14. Obsessive Detail

15. Reflect

Actually, both of the cars were Nano Sealed.

16. Reflect

17. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Well that's good. I did 2 details with their LSPs and both needed an OCW wipe down to remove any residues. At first I used Nano Seal by itself and needed an OCW wipe down because it was very difficult to remove. Then I found out that it was a 2 step process, Nano Seal and then Nano Shine Glaze on top. It was still hard to remove and required another OCW wipe down. Other than that, SC hasn't let me down from my experiences. I don't have the time to mess around with difficult to use products, and I am glad that they improved the formulations.

The Surf City crew was on Chop Cut Rebuild a few weeks ago on Speed. It was neat to see a detail company get that kind of recognition on TV...

18. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Road Grime Destroyer 2 Liter
    Glass Cleaner 2 Liter
    Beyond Black Tire Shine 2 Liter

19. Reflect

That's cool to hear budman. They are at a lot of car shows and stuff, I bet in a year or two they'll be a lot bigger.

20. Obsessive Detail

I'm going to add the Car Wash to my order. Any other Surf City users?