Superhydrophobic spray-on coating

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by P1et, Nov 16, 2011.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Where can I buy this???

[video=youtube;7is6r6zXFDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7is6r6zXFDc[/video]

2. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I saw this product last week and emailed the Company asking that question. So far, no reply.
    Someone knowledgeable in coatings of this type asked the questions - how much durability does this product have? Does it rub off easily if touched?
    Hopefully someone knows more, and the people respond back to me soon.
    Dan F

3. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I saw it last week and emailed them those questions as well. No response still, but will update if I do hear back though.

4. ChrisJobe

ChrisJobe Two Bucket System Washer

Very nice...Sub'd

5. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Yeah this was very cool when I saw it as well

6. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

their contact page says they hope to have it available for retail sometime in 2012

7. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Saw this yesterday on the SVT performance forums they too also.wanted to know where to get some that can be used on the paint. If you one of you guys find out let us know please:)

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

8. bakchoi

bakchoi Birth of a Detailer

Wouldn't using gTechniq I1 do the same thing?

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Some of the guys on my gun forum are using the paint product they have on their guns when on deployments...... as well as their shooting glasses

10. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

should this product work on automotive paint/clear coat and have quite a long durability... keeping our cars clean will be effortless.

11. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

I'd be very interested if this has durability on automotive paint. It would be quite a sight to see if one were to spray some water on a fully treated car.

12. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

This will be unbelievable for soft convertible tops.

13. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

WOW.... Now that is awesome!

14. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

never scrubbing again!

15. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

On their website, under "contact us" when you click it it says:

"Please note that our NeverWet products are NOT available for Consumers as a Retail product at this time. We expect to have retail spray can products available by mid 2012."

When this stuff comes out I SWEAR I am putting it on every material object that I own.

16. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

would be a good practical joke to put it on someones bath towels

17. Jokeman

Jokeman Two Bucket System Washer

Put it on someones waffle weaves!

18. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

Sub'd Wow this is very interesting stuff. It must give pregnant woman a third arm or something horrendous like that. This product looks too good!

19. xjapanx

xjapanx Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This stuff looks awesome, but wonder how long it will last per coat. Seems similiar to the Armor-All Wheel repel product from a few years ago, but that wheel spray didn't last very long.

20. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

saw this the other day as well...the chocolate syrup on the shoes looks so crazy haha