Superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by P1et, Feb 11, 2013.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

OK, so this is now available to purchase. Who's going to be the first to coat their car in this?

:applause2:

Ever Dry | UltraTech International Inc.

[video=youtube;IPM8OR6W6WE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

How much is it?

3. bmw335icoupe

bmw335icoupe DB Forum Supporter

Already talked to Phil about it. They don't make an automotive application and I think he also said it doesn't apply completely clear.

4. SDMDChris

SDMDChris Birth of a Detailer

I've been talking to a supplier for this, may end up going into one of my waxes.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

spoke to the mfg to carry this and at this point its not going to go on clear its going to be milky and cloudy.

6. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

How about for interior cloth seats and carpet?

7. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

^^ This would be cool, think a little refinement will be in order for the outside, but on interior seats and stuff thatd be cool. I'd love it in the summer when I jump of the jet skis or done wake-boarding to grab gas and stuff.

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

with this type of coatings out there who needs a car wax?

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Coatings that would eliminate waxes and sealants have been around for a very very long time. There is a guy I work with who used to work in that industry. They'd invent coating that would last the lifetime of a vehicle that would essentially have the same properties as the product you see above.