Super Bowl Sunday Detail. Purple S2000

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by MTK Kommander, Feb 1, 2009.

1. MTK Kommander

MTK Kommander Any Rag Vehicle Washer

this car was a pleasure to work on. the paint work was in pretty decent condition with minor swirling. the biggest problem was wet sanding marks that hadnt been buffed out by the body shop. all in all this car came out very nice.. sorry i didnt get many pics of the befores.. my old canon G2 has battery issues and died on me after i snapped a pic of the car when it arrived early this morning. but plenty of afters for you

wash: Karcher w/ foam cannon, Adams Car Wash, Deionized Water

Polish: Menz 106 w/ white pad

Engine: Foamy Engine Brite, CD2

wheels & tires: Wheel Magic, Various Brushes, Adams VRT, CD2 sprayed in wheel wells

Exhaust Tips: Adams Metal Polish 1 & 2

Interior: Vacuumed and wiped down, vents brushed, leather cleaned and conditioned (no pics, sorry)

LSP: Swissvax Concorso

1 before pic of the swirling.. very minor.. the whole car was like this.. nothing serious

[​IMG]

and after

[​IMG]

after polishing i pulled it outside to wrinse off the polishing dust and clean the engine bay a little bit

very glossy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

engine before
    [​IMG]

and after.. sorry for the greasy look, this is when i was letting the CD2 dry
    [​IMG]

and finally, after the Swissvax Concorso was applied and the exhaust tips polished. tires dressed with Adams VRT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a group reflection shot, she was a very happy customer.
    [​IMG]

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That's a very clean S2K. Great job!

3. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Looks good man!

4. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Love that car, nice work!

5. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

Did S2K come in that Colour?

6. MTK Kommander

no thats a custom color

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Ooh very cool colour, i was going to say I never knew they offered that colour but then I noticed you mentioning it was a custom colour.

Vehicle looks great :applause: That group picture looks cool :thumb:

8. MTK Kommander

thanks. i wanted to take pics throughout the process to show all the correction, but the camera was charging til after i was done polishing pretty much.. there was a nice bird crap etching in the trunk that took a couple passes, but its all gone now.. that woulda been nice to be able to show..

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Looks good. Former s2k owner here, and these pics make me miss having one.