Suede Cleaner

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Danny, May 7, 2012.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Hey guys I figured I ask this question here I purchased some Lacoste light tan suede loafers and they have a bit of staining even though I treated then with a stain and water protectant. I wanted to see which product would be safe to use to remove the stains safely and re protect them

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Anyone??

3. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Chirp Chirp.

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Suede is rarely used in automobiles, although it is sometimes found in custom interiors. Alcantara® Ultra suede™, Ecsaine, Micro suede, etc) are not types of leather but are in fact in synthetic materials, it is made from extremely fine polyester (68% polyester and 32% urethane) it has the appearance and tactile feel similar to that of suede, and it may be incorrectly identified as such.
    Often a ‘worn’ Alcantara® covering is caused by the nap becoming flattened, in most cases it can be revived simply by cleaning with the correct chemicals and using a napping brush. As a general rule when cleaning Alcantara®, etc you should only to use products specifically designed for this type of fabric. Avoid using a product designed for cleaning leather. It's also important to do a patch test before cleaning any fabric to make sure the colour or integrity of the fabric won't be damaged. To do this, apply your cleaning product to an inconspicuous area to see what the effect will be.

Use a napping brush to raise the pile and loosen / separate the fibres. Remove pilling with a single-sided razor blade and then apply a suitable cleaning solution on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (do not over-wet the fabric or use wet steam).

Localized stains can be treated with a Limonene (citrus) based cleaner (P21S Total Auto Wash) ensure surface is dry before use by leaving window cracked/open. Avoid alcohol, strong solvents or spirit based cleaners (particularly perchloroethyene and trichlorethylene). When cleaning a surface with finished leather / Alcantara®, tape off the Alcantara® to avoid cross contamination by products

Protection

Leather Master™ Nubuck Eco Protector (N-Nubuck / Alcantara® ®) Nubuck /Suede Protectant are a water based product for highly sensitive leathers, it took several years to perfect, and was difficult to formulate due to the potential damage caused by water. It may be used on furniture, clothing, shoes, and accessories.

Eco-Protector provides an oil, water and alcohol barrier on Nubuck and suede. This unique formula is a step forward from the previous Leather Master Aerosol protectant. In fact, it has several advantages over all aerosol protectants - non-flammable and very safe for consumer use, environmentally safe, solvent free formula.

5. pure

pure Virgin Detailer

I used a car glass cleaner on my suede couch, spary it on a microfiber towel and rub till stain is gone or faded enough for ones liking. the cleaner evaporates quickly and wont fade the material either!

6. pure

pure Virgin Detailer

Oh yeah it was a marker stain that was pretty heavy!