strong wheel cleaner

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by richy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. richy

richy Guest

I am looking to try a really strong wheel cleaner for the tough, tough job that occasionally comes along. I have been using ARO and 303 cleaner full strength but was wondering if either DP or P21 gel is better?

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Poorboys Spray and Rinse comes to mind here. Heard it's pretty damn strong!

I like my P21S Wheel Gel. Expensive, but great. If you have the time, let that stuff sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours and you'll be amazed.

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I think Meguiar's Wheel Brightener will give PB's a good run for their money. I think it is cheaper and more effective. The both are only safe on certain wheels, but I think the Meguiar's on is safer than PB's...but maybe that is the Meguiar's fan boy inside of me talking.

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

See my post in your thread on AG.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

p21s big second there its expensive but great you can even leave it overnight with no issues.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

I haven't used Poorboys Spray and Rinse but that's why I purchased Meguiar's Wheel Brightener. For those bad, dirty, neglected rims. I haven't used it just yet but next vehicle I get that is worthy of the Meguiar's Wheel Brightener I will definetly use it ;)

I personaly am I big fan of P21S Wheel Gel, it's safe and it gets the job done right :wicked:

I look forward to see what others will suggest.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Poorboy's Spray and Rinse is the strongest, but it cannot be used on all wheels. Be sure to follow per label instructions.

8. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

I would not suggest DP wheel gel. It may work only SLIGHTLY better then ARO, still not as strong as I had hoped. And it also isnt very gel like at all, it barely stuck any better then any other wheel cleaner ive used.

9. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

The same advice goes for the Megs WB..don't ask me how i know :shh:

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

:rollingpin:CG Wheel ACID!!!!

11. richy

richy Guest

I don't get the smiley..are you recommending CG acid or not? I don't think I've heard you not recommend one of their products yet!

12. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I am, just becarefull with it and dilute it properly. Not all of CG's stuff is "consumer safe" meaning its a professional product and you have to know what you are doing. i.e. CG body solvent.

My take on CG is this, they have some awesome products, some of which cannot be beat IMO.

And the ones that are "okay" are just as good as whats on the market but for a lot less.

And thats why I love CG. :deadhorse:

13. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Poorboys Spray and Rinse

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

is that acid citrus based?

15. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Meg's Wheel Brightner. Can be cut 4:1 and cost average around $16 a gallon!

16. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

poorboys wheel acid is great stuff...VERY strong and prety safe on wheels...then of course i switched to CG wheel acid...great stuff...VERY strong full strength...

17. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

megs wheel brightner

18. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I've used Megs Wheel Brightner (rebottled under the Majestic Solutions label) and CG's wheel acid. Both are great but you need to use them wisely.

19. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i just bought a gallon of p21s gel cant wait to try it out.

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh man trhland, you'r going to love it :thumb: let us know how you like it :thumb: